2nd shift LEAD
About the Job
- Under direction from the Supervisor, assures the accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC Equipment.
- Assigns workers to the appropriate equipment and job duties.
- Sets up windows on the various machines using ECA & Winsort software.
- Verifies quality of sorted mail using MPTQM procedures.
- May be trained to Prepare USPS reports.
- Responsible for overseeing the production workers on designated lines.
- Supervisory responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Oversees quality function in assigned area.
- Assures MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Trains new employees on job functions or assigns designated individuals to complete the training.
- Follows-up to assure processing proceeds at the pace needed to meet postal deadlines.
- Reviews time clock hours of production workers including break logs to assure accuracy.
- Interprets company policies to production staff as needed and upholds safety regulations and practices.
- Offers suggestions regarding increasing efficiency of use of equipment, working conditions, motivation of employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals and USPS postal regulations.
- Ability to prepare reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and employees.
- Ability to calculate and prepare various reports regarding volumes, rejects, production reports and other pertinent data.
- Solid understanding of use of Microsoft Excel and Word documents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out verbal or written instructions
- Ability to solve basic problems that arise in the production environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule based on Business needs; including overtime, weekends and Holidays with limited to no advance notice.
- Candidates must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33 U.S. locations, and with our fully-customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
M/F/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.