Systems Application Engineer III - Software (HVAC)
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The role of a Software Systems Application Engineer III is typically held by an individual who has 3-5 years of experience in the Building Automation/Energy Management industry. The selected candidate will become an integral team member servicing our large customer base in the Las Vegas Market. This client base includes world famous Hotels, Casinos, Event Venues, and Educational Institutions.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of HVAC equipment, sequence of operations, CCTV and access control or other building /electronic control system and software applications. This position offers an ideal environment to learn and grow with Schneider Electric, the Global Leader in Energy Management
In this position, you will be responsible for providing independent, high quality software designs per specifications, standards, budgets and schedules, and/or providing central software support for HVAC and access/security critical applications, as well as participating on a team to design, install and service building automation control and facility management systems. You will work under direct supervision of a Project Manager or the Engineering Manager.
· Review and understand specifications, drawings and estimates
· Designs software code at an intermediate level or at an expert level with mentor support to meet design functionality and customer expectations
· Maintain and adhere to standards for estimating and budgeting software or hardware designs
· Handle multiple demands and assignments, prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently and manage resource procurement
· and utilization
· Provide technical support and mentor-ship to other team members; assisting engineering manager and operations
· Resolve design issues through RFI's, field surveys and documentation materials tracking
· Participates in system commissioning as needed using standard processes
· Assist in developing software/hardware standards and streamline processes
· Graphic front end, human machine interface, page development
· Influence and persuade internal and external customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others
Four (4) year engineering/technical degree or equivalent work experience preferred
· 3-5 years of relevant work experience required
· Intermediate verbal and written communication skills including, but not limited to, the ability to influence and persuade internal and external customers, listen effectively, and solicit input from others
· Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word,
· Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple
· demands and assignments, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently, and the ability to manage resource procurement and utilization
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.