Project Development Manager, Energy Performance Contracting - Tulsa, OK
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Our Project Development Manager I is responsible for development of the performance contracting projects in achieving the project's objectives. S/he works closely with the Project Sales Lead, Project Sponsor(s), and Development Team to define the project objectives and create and execute a plan for maximizing the customer current operations through strategic alignment with their vision and mission.
The Project Development Manager I has a working knowledge of the technical and organizational environments in which the project scopes of work are created. The Project Development Manager I must be an excellent collaborator with all the functions associated with the development of complex projects. The Project Development Manager I exhibits strong leadership qualities, is a strategic thinker and can adapt to scope changes to bring value to our customers. The Project Development Manager I is responsible for developing client relationship through technical leadership and customer client satisfaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
1. Responsible for the project site safety
- Develop safety strategy for the project and communicate safety requirements to all project team members and subcontractors
- Execute safety strategy, perform require job hazard analysis and risk assessments and safety audits
- Ensure all personnel and subcontractors are familiar and adhere to Schneider Electric safe work practices and alignment with customer safety requirements
2. Responsible for Customer Satisfaction
- Collaborate with customer to identify and understand the customer's mission and vision
- Develop a project strategy that aligns with the customer's mission and vision and operational needs
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding project expectations
- Facilitate the technical communication and presentation in customer project
3. Project Leadership
- Demonstrate servant leadership with project team to provide team with direction and tools to be successful
- Innovation leader driving creative solutions and new ideas to exceed customers' expectations and deliver on project goals
- Develop project charter and communication cadence for collaboration of project efforts
- Provide technical leadership on the review of scopes of work, review of project deliverables and customer stakeholder management
4. Develop the Project Plan, Schedule and Budget for the Development Phase of the Project
- Collaborate with sales lead to develop a close plan strategy and build a project plan to meet the strategy
- Identify schedule and budget constraints and opportunities to achieve project strategy
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on budget, phasing and scope of work deliverables to meet the project plan
5. Lead, Plan, Organize and Participate in Investment Grade Audits (IGA) and Business Case (BC) Audits
- Coordinate internal and external teams for facility audits and site access on customer sites
- Lead customer kickoff meetings and scope debriefs
6. Responsible for developing scope, coordinating technical strategy, project financials, customer reports and final contract
- Lead the effort in defining project scope and acquiring scope of work estimates that meet or exceed the customer and regional goals and objectives
- Review and ensure project estimates are accurate and the project scope is executable within the budget.
- Direct the methodologies of performing energy savings calculations and identify any risk associated with the projections
- Review savings projections to ensure plausibility and identify any financial risk
- Prepare final project costs in financial tools for turnkey construction of scope of work
- Collaborate with Construction and Performance Assurance for alignment of scope, costs and project requirements
- Prepare technical audit reports
- Responsible for the coordination of efforts, quality control and completion construction contract
- Complete the RITE Review documents and facilitate Signature level authority as indicated by the Authorization Level Document.
- Other duties may be assigned
7. Manage the timely resolution of issues, including the escalation of issues that are outside the project team's scope of responsibility. Track risks and ensure execution of corrective action plans until project closure.
- Management of the risk and issues log
8. Monitor the project and report the project status to the management team on a regular basis.
- Prepare and update project schedule and cost re-estimates on a routine basis.
- Complete all project status reporting at a regular cadence
9. Scope: Small to Medium sized projects with traditional scope complexity, medium need for internal and external coordination. Traditional customer vertical markets of: K-12 education, small municipality
This job might be for you if:
Education/Certification Required: 4-year college degree or technical degree, and/or relative experience required. PMP certification is a plus.
Experience Required: Relative engineering and project management experience (3-6 years related work experience preferred). In addition, the candidate will demonstrate a thorough knowledge of performance contracting and project development process in building systems and energy use. An understanding of energy performance work in lower and higher education or a municipality project background is beneficial. Skills: Strong communication (written and verbal) and project management / organization skills, but not limited to the ability to: · handle multiple demands and assignments · prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently · manage resource procurement and utilization. · influence and persuade internal and external Customers · listen effectively and solicit input from others Excellent time management and organization skills Ability to travel greater than 25%. Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including thorough knowledge of MS Project, Word, and Excel
Financial acumen and understanding
Passionate about customer service and team success
Leadership skills: team building, empower and delegate authority, ability to build rapport and consensus
Thorough understanding of contract procedures and tactics
Knowledge of contract law, codes, standards, and industry construction knowledge
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms, which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job requires work to be performed on project sites and thus will require greater than 25% travel to project sites. Travel will occur using an automobile or by airplane to destinations.
a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.