About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is seeking an innovative and highly skilled Education Specialist to join our team. As a member of the Education Services team, this position would be focused on core and custom course development, custom workshops and delivery efforts surrounding the ArcFM Solution suite of products.
Schneider Electric is seeking an innovative and highly skilled, personable professionals who is passionate about learning and technology. They possess strong facilitation skills and an impressive ability to translate and convey difficult concepts to groups with varied skill sets. The role is predominately outward focused as you interact directly with our client and partner communities, often as the face of Schneider Electric. Course development and classroom-based delivery targeting the ArcFM Solution suite are the foundations of the position. Education Specialists are a tightknit team of talented individuals constituting the Education Services group which is housed within the larger functional division of Professional Services; the arm of our company responsible for configuring, customizing, and implementing Schneider Electric technology for clients across the United States and around the world. Intra and inter team collaboration and coordination are key components of this technical training and development centered position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver technical training courses to clients and partners both domestic and international
- Develop core training courses, informal workshops, and custom educational solutions
- Maintain existing training content in conjunction with our software release cycle
- Create new training content in parallel with new and evolving products, oriented to both GIS and Smart Grid technologies
- Lead fully custom course development projects for unique client implementations of the ArcFM Solution suite of products
- Conduct Training Needs Assessments in support of custom course development projects
- Instruct and ramp up internal Schneider Electric employees
- Support other Schneider Electric teams with projects, conferences, client demonstrations, and benchmarks
- Author text-based and multimedia-based content for posts on our internal and public facing sites
- Interact directly with client, partner, and employee personnel in support of project implementations
- Troubleshoot, install, and configure local and VM/cloud environments comprised of software and databases
- Design and deliver e-learning offerings (web-based tutorials, on-line instructor-led courses, virtual training video libraries, etc.)
- Execute the Schneider Electric Train-the-Trainer and Authorized Schneider Electric Instructor programs
- Assist with administrative tasks related to the preparation and delivery of educational offerings
- Perform other education related duties as assigned
- BA or BS in adult education, computer science, engineering, GIS, or related field
- Experience in instructional design, technical training, LMS software
- Experience working with adult learners in a technical setting
- Strong foundation in technical writing
- Independent, self-motivated, team player with a people-oriented personality
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, and a honed ability to multitask
- Outstanding facilitation skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding environment
- Proficiency with: Microsoft Office suite (specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access), FullShot, Adobe Acrobat
- Familiarity with: Skype, Camtasia Studio, Camtasia Relay, Captivate, Adobe CS5
- Basic knowledge of commercial RDBMS, specifically Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro and other Esri products a plus
- Experience with utilities, GIS, or Smart Grid a plus
- Experience with an object oriented programming languages, a plus
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally: 25% to 50%
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.