Maintenance Mechanic - Third Shift
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Schneider Electric, a leading manufacturer of electrical distribution equipment, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic in its Lexington, Kentucky facility to support industrial maintenance processes on 3rd Shift.
Schneider Electric is a dynamic, global company and the Lexington facility is a very vertically integrated MTS/MTO Plant with a high level of automation. This position will be directly responsible for maintaining production in a fast paced industrial environment. Hourly rate of pay $30.00 with competitive benefits.
This job might be for you if:
- Possess a strong level of knowledge in pneumatics, hydraulics, welding, and machine repair.
- Must be available for any of three shifts with emphasis on being able to work third shift.
- Available to work occasional to frequent overtime.
- Minimum two year technical degree relating to industrial maintenance and 5+ years of experience repairing industrial equipment.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to operate cutting torches and welding equipment to fabricate and repair machinery.
- Experience repairing and maintaining industrial machinery using hand tools and material handling equipment to include fork trucks and hoist.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment using 5S principles.
- Knowledge and experience in general maintenance procedures.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures and programs per company policies. This could include but is not limited to lockout/tagout, hot work, fall protection and any other safety procedures necessary to complete the work assignment safely.
- Create, maintain, and keep current all documentation relating to work performed throughout the shift.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.