Supply Chain Internship
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is currently seeking an intern for the Supply Chain team in the Chino, CA distribution center. Reporting to Inventory and Quality Supervisor, assisting the Performance Analyst with projects. The internship will be project based, supporting various initiatives that impact our facility and Global Operations. The focus of the role will be to streamline the current business process, and to audit and assist in the creation of a robust inventory strategy. Must be capable and effective in report preparation, data presentation and reporting of technical and quality issues What do you get to do in this position?
- Supplier and vendor analysis and consolidation. Analyze and update: buy history to determine best method of procurement for the commodity; shortages to expedite per work order start dates; and shortage report with daily/current comments on the delivery status of the component shortage.
- Inventory management for building (cycle count and inventory stately)
- Value Stream Mapping - major flows
- Process tracking - Help and build internal analytics within each line of business
- Kaizen blitz - Aid in performing productivity Kaizen Blitz in major flows
- Execute global flow requirements to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure continuous needs/resources balance availability, components and sub-assemblies and finished goods.
- Increasing order tracking and traceability within the warehouse
- Aid in inventory analysis based on sales frequency in all LOB's
- Support special projects as needed.
This job might be for you if:
- Currently pursuing or completed Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial/ Manufacturing Engineering or related discipline. Current Master's student a plus.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Will be working in a fast paced, results driven environment
- Prior knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies a plus
- Must be driven and have an enthusiasm to learn and develop key business skills.
- Proficient in MS Office. Intermediate to advances Excel skills.
- Candidates must have high energy, self-motivator and be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented ability to achieve department objectives despite obstacles
- Available to work 20-40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, flexible schedule between the hours of 6:00AM-6:00PM.
- Must be comfortable standing, bending, lifting, and walking without restriction repeatedly over the course of a shift.
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled warehouse environment.
- Must be able to wear steel-toed shoes and follow all safety procedure We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.