Schneider Electric Johannesburg, Gauteng
About the Job
Schneider Electric South Africa is looking for a motivated Country Buyer(Non-Production) to join our Global Supply Chain team in Midrand, South Africa. This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
- To actively contribute and assist in achieving the objectives of Schneider Electrics Non- Production Purchasing Organisation,
- To assist in ensuring that the NPP Organisation contributes to the return on investment and earning power of Schneider Electric.
- To manage value and risk of the company through development and implementation of strategic sourcing.
- Implement strategic sourcing strategies through evaluation of the company's current spend and supplier database.
- Evaluate the Schneider's current purchasing strategies for various commodities in order to identify opportunities for efficiencies, savings and improvement within the sourcing processes.
- To assist with the selection of the supplier base in line with Schneider Electrics Purchasing policies and procedures.
- To consistently maintain best practice purchasing methodologies globally and locally.
- To assist local operations with NPPs continuous improvement in terms of Quality, Service and price optimization.
- Conduct in depth analysis, maintain an appropriate Supplier database, optimize on synergies thereby creating and maintaining a competitive advantage for Schneider Electric.
- To aggressively promote and drive BBBEE compliance within SESA in order to achieve BBBEE targets
· To adhere to and promote Schneider Electric's Purchasing Policy and procedures.
· To achieve the targets, goals and objectives within NPP Organization in terms of productivity, quality and service in line with the Country and global requirements.
· To collaborate with the Schneider Electric NPP Organization, locally and globally.
· Keep abreast of commercial, market and purchasing advancements globally and locally, which can also result in opportunities to reduce TCO and implement best practice.
· Conducts assessment of business requirements, products, spend and market analysis for relevant commodities.
· Assemble and lead cross-functional sourcing and evaluation teams for commodities.
· Compiling of Tender documents in conjunction with relevant stakeholders.
· Demonstrate competence in the evaluations of Tender enquiries with cross functional team, taking into account BBBEE, Price, and Quality.
· Assist in continuously growing and improving Supplier Development and Enterprise Development ideology and strategies within the NPP organization
· Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations.
· Develop commodity strategies using relevant Purchasing Models.
· Manage and negotiate price increase with existing and new Agreements.
· Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve savings.
· Monitoring and maintenance of the Contract Database.
· To maintain and deliver the required Purchasing Reports timeously.
· Define and monitor relevant Supplier KPIs and track the implementation of added value/ savings.
· Make informed decisions using detailed supplier overviews to recommend and implement changes as required to improve supplier performance
· Maintain regular communication with local stakeholders as well with other Global colleagues within NPP on best practices.
· Ability to communicate ideas and concepts cross functionally within the organization.
· To ensure full compliance and adherence to Schneider Electrics Purchasing Tools and ERP system.
· Ensure good Corporate Governance in the Purchasing Department.
· Demonstrate and maintain strong Ethical business practice.
· To ensure the satisfaction of SESA's internal customers with the services provided by the procurement organization
· To assist in selecting the best possible suppliers for the company service needs considering BBBEE, Pricing and Technical Capabilities.
· To assist in rationalizing the number of Suppliers in the NPP database.
· Strategically manage and monitor the high-risk suppliers.
· To continuously bench mark suppliers to ensure standards are met.
· To assist with the approval of new suppliers in line with Schneider policies and procedures.
· Continuously monitoring evaluating BBBEE of managed suppliers to drive BBBEE targets.
· To drive and innovate on Supplier Development and Enterprise Development Initiatives.
· To report on supplier performance based on Schneider standards with local and global requirements
· To validate and monitor the execution of contracts in conjunction with key stakeholders.
· To ensure that all standard operating procedures are adhered to.
· To ensure professional standards are maintained in all business situations.
· To keep up to date with developments with respect to the document management system, as well as apply the policies and procedures relevant to the position.
· To communicate improvement possibilities with respect to the document management system to the relevant process owner or directly to quality & customer satisfaction and participate in improvement initiatives.
· Minimum 5 years' experience in Purchasing with emphasis on Commodity Management
· WEB enabled technologies
· Knowledge of the | Non- Production Purchasing Commodities local market evolution and trends
· SAP Knowledge
· Must have knowledge and experience on Purchasing Models and Systems
· Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing Methodologies
· Excellent proficiency in MS Office - including word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.