Product Marketing Manager
About the Job
Product Marketing Manager
Location - Maidenhead
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Ranked as a Top 25 Employer to work for by LinkedIn, Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 137,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
The Residential Temperature Controls business within the Schneider Electric group is a global provider of devices used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations and is expanding into the world of Smart Products. The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. It is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected Smart Home products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Our Product range is manufactured at facilities in Plymouth, UK and is sold under Drayton, Eberle and Schneider Electric across Europe.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our team as Product Marketing Manager in our site in Maidenhead. You will be required to travel every other week to Plymouth and occasionally in Europe and Canada.
We are looking for an experienced product marketing manager to manage products and services in our smart heating portfolio, with a focus on increasing the footprint of our smart devices offering. You will be responsible for managing the overall product roadmap as well as Go To Market, New Product Introduction, Demand Generation and new country launches.
The Residential Controls portfolio includes legacy products such as thermostats, thermostatic radiator valves (TRV), underfloor heating controls, etc. and digital experiences (web and mobile), cloud-based services, consumer devices and smart controls. You will take ownership of the connected products' P&L and guide the products from conception through to development, launch and in-life support.
You will take a deep interest in understanding our users' needs, expectations and behaviour and use this to shape and drive our product design. The product roadmap will be shaped based on a sizing of the market opportunity, an understanding of consumer trends, user needs and behaviour and an assessment of industry forces - main players, technology trends, competition etc. You will be comfortable working closely with sales, agile software & hardware development, marcoms, operations and test teams to guide the products through their full life-cycle
Who you are
- Passionate about energy management and technology products (e.g. consumer hardware, web products), and enjoy working at the cutting edge of technology
- You are an interdisciplinary thinker, skilled at blending disciplines in pursuit of a mission
- Analytical mindset, comfortable working on data-driven projects, with insight on consumer trends
- A passion for consumer experience and human behaviour
- Proven ability to pull together a product roadmap across multiple products and platforms
- Experience in product management of and agile methodologies
- Comfortable working with an environment with lots of ambiguity and unknowns
- Understanding or interest in the smart home ecosystem and energy markets
- Excellent communicator
What you will do
- Own and lead the Smart Home product strategy and roadmap
- Be responsible for the performance (financial, usage, engagement, satisfaction) of the products in the portfolio
- Help shape and drive the product features
- Assess the competitive landscape and use this to shape the Smart Home product strategy
- Work closely with Schneider Electric's B2B customers to understand their needs and use this to shape the product roadmap
- Work closely with the rest of the marketing team to shape the go-to-market strategy, supporting promotional activity, marketing content and merchandising
- Use customer data (performance data, A/B testing, customer feedback, app ratings, net promoter scores) to improve and evolve the products
- Work closely with sales teams to support the development of the range
- Analyse market trends in the smart home and energy space
- Carry out market sizing assessments
- Provide proposals on product and market segmentation, pricing
- Define a roadmap based on market trends, consumer trends, and technology innovation
- Help shape product lifecycle strategies
This is a great opportunity to join Schneider Electric and power your career! You will be joining an international, dynamic, and responsible company, with an enviable reputation in the market. Schneider fosters the development of all its' people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice - apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organization, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.
Key words: Product manager, Roadmap Planning, Product Portfolio, Product Marketing, Consumer Electronics, Home Automation, Smart Home, Heating Controls, Agile, Digital Products, Mobile Apps, Cloud Services, Energy