About the Job
Summary of Job We are seeking a full-time position for a Software Engineer who is passionate about delivering software to the cloud in an efficient and effective manner. You will join a cross disciplinary team of product owners, software engineers, QA engineers and Operations staff that design, develop and deploy datacenter configuration systems that scale to our growing business needs. The role will also involve troubleshooting and supporting the operations of the platform.
Primary Responsibilities · Develop software for our offers using AngularJS and TypeScript hosted on Azure.
· Help the team develop the application backend in Node and Express.
· Assist in the design and architecture of the product with particular emphasis on cybersecurity as well as creating engineering documents.
· Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
· Understand and learn about new technologies and have a good ability and interest in learning.
· Designing and interacting with MongoDB database systems.
· Mentor other team members.
· Develop cybersecure solutions.
· Some international travel may be required.
Education and Experience B.Sc or B.Eng in Computer Science or related degree.
Masters degree in related field desirable.
At least 3-5 years working in a similar role with particular emphasis is in the knowledge of AngularJS.
Working on cloud based software development, preferably in Microsoft Azure.
Proven track record of delivering quality solutions and/or products.
Demonstrated ability to provide estimates to the project manager for work undertaken.
Proven to be adaptable and able to work on variety of activities simultaneously.
Shows understanding and appreciation of processes and issues relevant to the job.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Skills Required Skills (in order of importance) Angular 1.x and 2 or greater using TypeScript.
HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
UI and UX design
Software development tools such as git and JIRA
Server-side TypeScript in Node and Express
REST API Development
Desired Skills: The following are highly desired skills:
Azure PaaS and IaaS technologies.
Knowledge of how to deploy and maintain enterprise class web sites to the cloud.
MongoDB database technology.
Knowledge of API security protocols (e.g. SAML, OAuth2).