About the Job
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over your career. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience enables you to manage your professional development and prepare for the next step in your career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. At Schneider Electric, we're working together to power the future.
If you believe you demonstrate our values then we have a great opportunity for the right individual to join our team as an Industrial Engineer at our Plant in Scarborough in the UK, giving you the opportunity to work with a range of people and identifying opportunities to improve the way we work.
To work closely to support the Industrial Performance Manager on a daily basis and lead the implementation of improvement projects to ensure our products are produced attaining the quality and efficiency levels required in line with Schneider's continual improvement philosophy.
- Work with other teams on site to lead the PFMEA process and then implement lean manufacturing principles to implement improvements.
- Provide continual analysis and improvement of the assembly and manufacturing techniques through benchmarking, eliminating waste, product and quality issues and ensuring we meet Health and Safety requirements
- Lead and implement projects that develop and improve the layout of work areas, tool design and source cost effective external services with the overall aim of improving labour productivity. These projects will deliver significant cost reductions and process improvements that will involve managing a cross functional team against the business objectives
- Support individuals within the business to improve their understanding of continual improvement and lean manufacturing principles as well as implementing and promoting the "I see I do" philosophy
- Assist with the day to day SIM issues supporting the department ensuring that, with the departmental manager, resources are best deployed to suit the priorities of the business
- Identify other opportunities through method studies and analysis of data
- Educated to HND level / Equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- Strong understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- You should be able to demonstrate your passion for continual improvement as well as your confidence to identify and lead improvement projects
- You should be able to confidently work with a range of individuals to drive forward and implement change, achieving the results we need to make continuous improvements.
We are looking for a talented individual who would like to develop and make the next step into leading a team; where you have the opportunity to make a difference by developing others and inspiring talent.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
Please submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.