Manufacturing Intern - Low Voltage Motor Control Center
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Use 5S principles to optimize and assimilate assembly operator stations
- Determine and propose optimized work flows for assembly processes based on mix and volume changes
- Drive safety and productivity improvements by leveraging associate input thru the TIPS process
- Work with VSM team to implement safety and productivity projects
- Perform root cause analysis to top defects detected by quality inspections
- Must currently be a student pursuing a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering Computer Information Systems, or Management Information Systems
- Candidates must be available to work part time during the school year (maximum 17.5 hours per week)
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to facilitate conflicts
- Self-motivated and self-directed with high sense of urgency
- Solid work ethic - honors, responsibility and commitment
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and team collaboration skills (English language)
- Local candidates preferred
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.