Controls Engineering Intern
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Schneider Electric's Lincoln, NE, facility is seeking a motivated Controls Engineer Intern, finishing her/his Sophomore year or preferably currently in her/his Junior year of a degree program, to be part of the engineering department, supporting the different plant's industrial processes.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about technology and Industrial Manufacturing Automation. She/He will be assigned to teams performing on projects involving design, implementation, and improvement of the production lines utilizing PLCs, pneumatic & hydraulic systems, as well as serve controlled motion and variable frequency drives.
The Lincoln, NE, Square D is a facility with a high level of automation; this intern will be supporting the Manufacturing and Controls Engineers on projects for the automation of Lincoln's manufacturing equipment, as well as the innovation of new machine control methods in different departments in the plant (Molding, Assembly and Stamping-Plating)
What do you get to do in this position?
- Gain experience by supporting projects and plant initiatives
- Develop electrical schematics from suggestions and inputs from the Controls Engineers
- Develop machine electrical/controls machine architecture
- Help with controls project management
- RTS (troubleshoot equipment and machines)
- Develop and troubleshoot PLCs and HMIs programs in C, C++, or Ladder logic
- Investigate automation application using the Schneider Electric Product Offer
This job might be for you if:
Minimum Requirements :
- Enrolled in an Engineering program (preferably in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering)
- Willing to work up to 17.5 hours/week during Fall and/or Spring semester
- Has taken coursework related to circuit diagrams and/or programming
- In her/his Junior or Senior year of undergraduate studies
- Experience programming embedded systems: PLCs, Arduino, Digital Gate Logic (binary logic), Raspberry pi
- Programming: Matlab, C, C++ and/or Java
- Self-motivated and driven individual desiring to make an immediate impact
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver results
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.