Electronics Engineer (ASCO)
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Electronics Engineer based out of Florham Park, NJ.
The Electronics Engineer designs, analyzes, tests, documents and implements electronic circuit and software solutions used for qualification and production testing of transfer switch and/or Power Control System products and components.
- Envisions and implements software based designs and/or circuits for test fixtures or test systems based on requirements specifications. This includes the development of circuit schematics with backup analysis, structured software with diagrams, and configuration management. Design work will require experience with electronic hardware, software, and mechanical design.
- Designs product and subsystem circuitry and/or software with minimal supervision.
- Researches devices and software languages and recommends devices, hardware, software architecture, operating systems, and software languages.
- Develops and analyzes algorithms and circuits for measurement and control. This analysis includes control stability, measurement accuracy, and sensitivity to temperature, time, noise, transient response, and other metrics.
- Develops test and qualification strategies, and procedures.
- Develops software and builds circuits to automate collection of test data.
- Designs, builds, and maintains functional test fixtures for production testing.
- Develops production test, calibration, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Design simple analog and digital circuits.
- Design, setup, and perform automated functionality tests on various ASCO products
- Setup and apply networking hardware and software.
- Utilize source control software (GIT, Subversion, CVS, etc).
- Utilize Bug tracking software (Redmine, SpiraTest, etc.).
- Architect high level software designs.
- Implement UI design using a GUI toolkit (example Qt)
- Write software scripts to perform automated regression tests.
- Extensive experience in the design and use of electronics test fixtures or equivalent
- Experience working with serial & networking interfaces (such as TTL, RS485, CAN, Ethernet). Detailed knowledge of at least 1 communication protocol (preferably Modbus or CanOpen).
- Experience with debuggers, emulators and compliers/assemblers.
- Ability to debug software and hardware at the component level.
- Design experience using embedded microprocessors/controllers such as ARM, PIC, etc.
- Understanding of Software Lifecycle Management.
- Proficient in creating hardware diagrams, interconnection diagrams, network diagrams, flow charts, and state diagrams.
- Willingness to travel (overnight) to support customers or production sites or to attend training. (<5>
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 3+ years electronic circuit, power electronic circuit, or software design and implementation.
- 2+ years experience in software development.
- 2+ years experience in the design of electronic test fixtures or industrial controls equipment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to think and work independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication (procedures, requirements and reports
- Excellent organization and technical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project.
- Proficient using personal computers with office applications, and analysis tools.
- Expertise in the use of electrical test equipment, including AC & DC power supplies and various electrical measuring instruments, scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Proficient in assemblers, compilers, debuggers, programmers, other software development tools.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.