*Building Automation Sales Manager - Data Centers
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Job Title: Sales Manager - Building Automation Systems
Payroll Status: Exempt
Travel: Required 20-30%
This Building Automation technical sales position is responsible for preliminary project detection, customer demonstrations, estimating, and proposal development. The individual will work under the direct supervision of the Data Center Software Solutions Group's Sales Management.
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with new customers as well as close collaboration with the Buildings Branch organizations and Schneider Electric's ITB and ESS groups. The position will require the individual to travel 25% of the time. The individual will collaborate in the North America Market. Collaboration with our local Branches will require weekly interaction with the Sales and Branch Manager to identify opportunities related to the Building Automation Data Center Market and to coordinate the necessary sales strategy for success in closing new data center work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop new Building Automation Data Center business opportunities related to Schneider Electric's StruXureware for Data Centers offer
- Prospect for and identify Building Automation sales opportunities
- Make sales presentations on the Data Center Software Solutions group capabilities and Schneider Electric's StruXureware Building Operations, Power Monitoring Expert, Data Center Operations and Data Center Expert offer marketed as "StruXureware for Data Centers"
- Maintain and expand existing accounts
- Participate in industry specific regional and national trade shows
- Collaborate with Branch offices in specified region
- Collaborate with other Business Unit Sales related to Data Centers
- May prepare take-off and estimate costs of prospective sales opportunities and work closely with Estimating Group
- Write specifications specific to HVAC Control and Security for the Data Center market
- Develop and implement sales strategies and tactics for individual sales opportunities
- Prepare sales quotations and proposals
- Process and analyze feasibility assessments for all bid/contract documents related to developed opportunities
- Other duties may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION: Four (4) year college degree required. Mechanical Engineering degree a plus.
EXPERIENCE: Five (3-5) years related work experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills
- Building Automation product knowledge
- Controls background
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
The work is sedentary. Typically the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some movement from area to area, transporting of items such as a laptop computer, paper, books, luggage and small parts; driving an automobile, air travel, etc.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
While performing the primary duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, traveling from one location to another.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.