Product Manager, Mobile Applications
About the Job
In Schneider Electric we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk
We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY
Schneider Electric has a challenging opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of Mobile Applications Product Manager for EcoStruxure Building Management. The Buildings Business of Schneider Electric provides intelligent building management solutions to help customers create a productive and comfortable environment for occupants, reduce energy consumption, and run building operations more efficiently. Mobile applications play a key role in aiding smart, IoT-enabled building experiences for building managers and occupants.
In this global-facing and individual contributor position, you will lead the building team's strategy and roadmap for mobile applications (front-end and back-end services) for use across Schneider's portfolio of building solutions. The right candidate will have a proven track record of developing and shipping commercial mobile applications that deliver exceptional user experiences. The position requires strong communication, influencing and analytic skills, technical and business acumen, relationship development skills and a motivational style. Collaboration and partnering within Schneider's global organization is critical for success.
Market analysis and research
- Understand the role of mobile technology in the Smart Building market, including technology and business model trends that would impact Schneider's mobile offer strategy and development roadmap.
- Track and evaluate the competitive landscape of mobile offerings in Smart Buildings from established and emergent players.
- Conduct primary research with customers, channel partners, and technology firms to understand mobile industry requirements and potential growth opportunities in the market.
Strategy and offer development
- Drive mobile applications strategy and roadmap that complement Schneider Electric's Smart Building services and platform offering, Ecostruxure Building.
- Champion user experience and develop offers for unique personas including professional users (building managers and facilities teams) and non-professional users (building occupants).
- Identify partner companies and technologies to support front-end and back-end requirements and requisite integrations; develop business cases to drive partnering and/or M&A activity as required.
- Own product management prioritization (new features / feature gaps / integration / quality improvements) that align with broader Building product strategy.
- Manage the backlog of offer requirements in collaboration with the R&D team and other product managers.
Marketing and Sales enablement
- Collaborate with product and marketing managers to align mobile offerings with value proposition, pricing, and positioning of platform solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams including operational marketing and sales to develop outbound materials to support high-impact mobile offer launches.
- Support evangelization/training of sales teams on mobile offers and capabilities.
Desired skills and competencies
- Proven product management experience developing native iOS and/or Android applications (from ideation/research through launch).
- Experience in Agile and lean startup product management processes.
- Knowledge of the Building industry, Building Automation and Smart Building technology (IoT) a plus.
- Knowledge of AI/ML technology supporting mobile experiences (including chatbot/Amazon Alexa, etc.) a plus.
- Strong business and technical orientation; ability to develop business cases to support investment decisions and communicate direction to engineering teams.
- Strong writing and user research skills with emphasis on the customer experience and journey.
- Effective teamwork, networking, and collaboration skills with ability to get things done in a complex, matrixed environment with distributed teams
- Bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, business, design), MBA a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled