Software Architect H/F
Schneider Electric CARROS, ALPES
About the Job
As Software Architect, you are responsible to design and optimize the architecture of the next generation of Engineering Software dedicated to our Digital Plant Programmable Automation Controllers.
- Analyze and understand marketing requirements.
- Specify, adapt and enhance the Software architecture to fulfil Software Requirement (features, ease of use, performance and robustness), working closely with Firmware engineers and system architects:
- Drive key technical decisions for implementation of the software policy in his/her organization.
- Express the architecture requirements in alignment with our platforming strategy.
- Document architecture aspects of the software, including requirements, design, implementation of the system, risks and alternative solutions.
- Develop prototypes to prove architecture choices against key requirements.
- Contribute to the definition of project development plans, mainly in the following areas: workload estimates, integration plans, test strategies.
- Participate to the development of functions or components (design, testing) with commitments on content, quality, delays, performance and costs.
- Support the development team during project design, verification and validation steps.
- Be involved in maintenance activities, especially on issues raised by customers, insuring a high level of reactivity to solve them.
- Investigate, deploy new technologies to increase the skills and the efficiency of the team in development.
Software Architect with at least 3 -5 years of experience in Software development projects.
- Software Architecture design with state of the art tools
- Experience in desktop applications development (C#, .Net Technology, WCF, WPF, …)
- Knowledge of Database technologies
- Experience in Waterfall or Agile (SCRUM) development process
- Knowledge of Software development tools (TFS, GIT, JAMA, …)
- Working Cross Discipline with Hardware and Firmware Teams
- Actively working inside an international team
- Knowhow sharing for inter and external project contributors