Data Integrations Lead
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric Digital Energy Solutions has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate/motivated individual to assume the role of Data Integrations Lead within the SGIT (Smart Grid IT) division.
The Data Integrations Lead is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and support of complex applications for enterprise solutions delivered to electrical utilities for Advanced Distribution Management Systems (ADMS) Smart Grid projects related to the electrical data model.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates with clients and third-party vendors to obtain requirements for projects and application updates for complex data integration of GIS data into ADMS model.
- Leads the design, programming (development), maintenance and execution of testing of new and changed functionality for complex/major applications.
- Guides other team members on issue resolution.
- Updates system end-user and training documentation.
- Maintains business process procedures in conjunction with the process owners.
- Works closely with clients to resolve issues and manage deployments.
- Analyzes and resolves complex application and data problems.
- Performs all other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree + 3 (Three) years of experience in information technology including experience or training in systems analysis, design and computer programming OR 5 years of work experience directly related to GIS data
- Current relevant experience with Visual Studio, ODBC, .NET programming languages including VB.NET, C++, and C#; XML, XSLT, SQL Server and other contemporary programming languages preferred. Professional certification not required but considered a plus.
- Experience working with ESRI's suite of products (ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, ArcSDE, ArcExplorer...etc.) preferred. ArcFM experience preferred
- Must possess fundamental knowledge of systems analysis, program design and specification, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently on assignments.
- Must have the ability to gather requirements, analyze systems, develop solutions, test and document changes working in collaboration with other developers in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to gather, understand and translate business requirements into system solutions.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to easily and effectively interact with technical and non-technical staff.
- Position requires the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with both team members and customers.
- Must have the ability to verify that deliverable items meet the requirements.
- Position requires the ability to follow standards and system development methodology.
- Must be able to display a courteous and professional demeanor.
- Traveling & driving required. Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to relocate to Houston, TX.
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
Internal mobility is a top priority at Schneider Electric. If you're looking for your next step or want to try something new, applying for an internal opportunity can help you further develop your career.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you're applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.