Project Procurement Leader
About the Job
SUMMARY OF JOB
Within the Business Division Ecobuilding in Building & IT BU, as a Project Procurement Leader you will work for major projects of Building Management (BM) Line of Business. You will work on new offer creation, range renewal and major offer adaptation projects including brand labeling projects
This role is key for the coordination of procurement activities between Global Supply Chain and the business units with a focus on growth and meeting technical challenges.
You will report directly to the BM Procurement Director located in France.
Your main duties will include (but not be limited to the following):
- Select the suppliers of components, sub-assemblies or finished good products in consistency with the global category strategy ( Total Cost of Ownership, Innovation, avoid single sourcing, promote standardization, supply chain, flexibility, quality). Analyze and challenge the needs.
- Push co-development with suppliers and early supplier involvement, bring supplier market view to projects & offer management.
- Manage the supplier relationship all along the project (e.g communication, contracting, negotiation, qualification follow-up) and put under control supplier risks identified.
- Drive contract negotiation & finalization with suppliers (Intellectual property, costs, logistic & quality conditions, liability…)
- Lead the strategy execution, since the early phases of the processes, in all impacting choices for procurement (budget, technological choices, specifications, Design or Buy Design, Make or Buy ...) to minimize cost, time to market, and quality level.
- Monitor and ensure competitive material cost to meet product target cost (design/redesign to cost). Participate actively to product cost estimation including should-cost.
- Lead the selection of purchasing deliverables to apply on every project and ensure they are done on time according to OCP(Offer Creation Process)/BLMP (Brandlabelling Management Process) guidelines.
EDUCATION • MBA, Masters Degree in International Business / Engineering / Supply Chain or equivalent preferred
EXPERIENCE • Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a Purchasing/Sourcing team of a Multinational corporation
To be successful in this position you need
- to have leadership and negotiations skills
- to listen, collaborate, negotiate and challenge the peers and suppliers.
- to shift perspective from the big picture to the small details maintaining good communication and relationships.
- to have a strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- to be customer oriented and have a strong business understanding.
- to be capable of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
Please note you will be required to travel: domestic travel 20-30%; overseas 1-2 per year.