About the Job
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Material Handler - 004A4H
Global Supply Chain, North America
Schneider Electric is recruiting for an Afternoon Shift Material Handler for the Edmonton Facility (12:30pm - 9:00pm with flexibility to work overtime). In this role you will be responsible for moving material throughout the manufacturing area via receiving, re-stocking, picking, packing and shipping to enable the site to process customer orders. At our local office in Edmonton, we design and manufacture applications and electrical schemes for Motor Control Centers and Low Voltage Switchboards.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Responsible for the continuous supply of materials to one or more production or assembly areas.
· Responsible for "kitting" materials on the production line to ensure all parts of order required are at point of origination to keep line moving at steady pace.
· Responsible for picking parts from Kanban or storage areas and placing the parts into a storage cart (kit).
· Ensures correct parts are kept in the appropriate quantities to support production and assembly requirements.
· May take parts from inventory area and ensures Water Spider is kept stocked at appropriate levels of inventory.
· Performs repetitive material supply functions following detailed work direction and guidelines.
· May operate forklift truck or hand truck for delivery or picking of parts and supplies.
· Inspects parts for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or Quality personnel.
· Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental standards.
· Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
· Establishes and maintains a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
· Performs other tasks as may be requested to assure the effective and continuous utilization of assets.
· Perform cycle counts/inventory counts
This job might be for you if you:
· Have a High school diploma or equivalent
· Can lift up to 35 lbs. unaided and operate a hand cart
· Are located within 50km from the work location
· Are legally authorized to work in Canada. No company sponsorship is provided
· Licensed to operate tow motor and reach trucks
· Have previous experience in a warehouse/distribution center environment
· Served on Joint Health & Safety Committee
· Have experience in customer service
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.