Sr. Power System Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is for a power system engineer, responsible to act as the lead engineer on power systems design and verification / validation. This role is in an centralized expertise group, working with the global architects and global lab to support all North America (UL/NEMA) power systems product development. The positions key responsibility will be system design optimization and re-architecting of power systems for: large buildings, hospitals, universities, hotels, data centers, O&G, etc.
Description of Duties:
The Power System Engineer will work across multiple offers and business units to establish targeted reference system architectures for power distribution networks.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Translating offer requirements to system specifications & verification/validation plans
- Leading architecture implementation across multiple segments
- Consultation with internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable industry standards such as NEC, UL, ISO & IEEE
- Able to execute system studies including short circuit analysis and power system stability
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in power system
- Strong leadership skills (provide a vision, team development & leadership, influence & convince, negotiation and collaboration)
- Ability to work in a global, cross functional team environment
- Customer applications and market knowledge in power distribution
- Excellent written, organizational, communication and behavioral skills
- Travel Required (international and domestic)
- Low and medium voltage switchgear construction and operation
- Local generation (gen-sets), renewable power (solar, wind) and energy storage (batteries…)
- Experience designing protective relaying applications and relay based control logic
- Experience in the design of various ground fault protection systems
- Experience in designing and implementing Generator Control applications. (e.g. parallel operation, peak shaving, load preservation, base loading)
- Customer exposure experience (integrator, OEM, installer)
- Multi-technologies application/integration experience (Communication networks, Automation, Embedded Software)
- Previous experience working with multiple certification standards
- Industrial or labs experience We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.