SW Solutions Senior Support Manager – Smart Grid IT
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric Smart Grid IT has an outstan ding opportunity for a passionate and motivated individual to assume the role of SW Solutions Senior Support Manager - Smart Grid IT.
- Work as a high performing member of our Customer Support Organization
- Manage client expectations, build, maintain, and grow client relationships. Be the trusted advisor to our clients throughout the lifecycle of Support and Maintenance contracts
- Oversee support & maintenance contracts of varying magnitude in terms of complexity, cost, time constraints, internal and external staffing, and software technology
- Provide leadership to Support team members within the Support organization including mentoring junior support engineers and technical leads and reporting on support portfolio performance to senior management.
- Provide high level communication to V.P. and director level both internally to Schneider Electric and across the client program. Includes attending and presenting at reoccurring meetings
- Perform administrative project tasks including but not limited to: support portfolio status reporting, budget management and financial forecasting and reporting, Support resource management, support & maintenance scope and change management risk/issue reporting and mitigation
- Provide proposal and business development support as needed
- Provide input for departmental strategies, processes, and procedures, as well as assist in the implementation of internal projects of all types
- Grow catalog of services provided to customers
- Develops and leads process improvement initiatives
- A BS/MS degree in CS, Engineering or Geography (or related field with computer emphasis)
- ITIL certification
- Strong ability to implement continuous improvement
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Proven skills in client relationship management
- Experience working with subcontractors (including off-shore), and other offices in different time zones
- Strong ability to manage multiple support & maintenance contracts
- 5 - 7 years of experience in client facing leadership role a plus
- 5 + years of implementing or supporting software projects
- Experience in support of utility engineering software solutions such as Outage Management
Systems (OMS), SCADA, and/or Distribution Management Systems (DMS) is a strong plus
- Travel required and must have, or be able to acquire, a valid passport
- Must not require work sponsorship
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.