Senior Software Developer (m/f/d) (C#, .Net, WPF, WCF) - industrial automation
About the Job
We at Schneider Electric are involved everywhere. From transformer substations to sockets, from smart homes to industry 4.0 - we are pushing ahead with digitization. Our customers know what they have in us and our 144,000 employees in over 100 countries. Always with the big picture in mind, sustainability and our employees in mind, we offer far more than products - we offer solutions, customer proximity and innovation.
We are looking for a Software Architect m/f for our domain Machine Solutions. We mainly develop and produce hardware and software products for automation solutions for machine builders. In this role you will combine the software development for machine automation with latest technologies as Big Data, IoT, Digitization and Industry 4.0 as part of the software system architecture.
This position can be located in one of our development sites either in 97828 Marktheidenfeld or 77933 Lahr in Germany, alternatively in Singapore. Join our team and significantly be involved in the success of Schneider Electric through your work and personality!
Join our team and significantly be involved in the success of Schneider Electric through your work and personality!
Your work field - diverse
- Work closely together with the Marketing team to understand the customer needs
- Specify, adapt and enhance the software architecture to meet the requirements (features, usability, performance and robustness)
- Design architectures for PC based engineering software
- Be part of the project core team and contribute to the definition of project development plan (e.g. workload estimation, integration plans, test strategies)
- Be involved in software quality improvements
- Working in interdisciplinary teams in international projects
- Follow technology trends, apply the latest technologies and provide knowledge transfer
Our offer - appealing
- flexible working conditions or jobsharing for a good work-family balance
- attractive future perspectives within the company, even international
- optimal support for your career path due to regular training courses
- high motivated team and a good working atmosphere
- attractive salary and benefits of an international company (for example, company pension, employee offers and share packages)
- throughout Germany colleagues from over 20 nations - appreciation and equal opportunities
- working in a Green Company - advocating for sustainability and energy efficiency
Your profile - qualified
- Studies (Diploma, Bachelor, Master) of electrical engineering, automation technology, computer science or similar
- Software Architecture design including UML Diagram creation
- Programming skills (e.g. C#, C++, .NET, WPF, WCF) with at least 3 -5 years of experience in Software development projects
- Experience in the field of machine automation, fieldbuses and networks s (e.g. EtherNet/IP)
- Knowledge of software development processes and tools (e.g. JIRA, GIT, SVN)
- Experience in agile development methods (e.g. SCRUM)
- You have a very good command of English and enjoy working in an international and multicultural environment
Your next step? Apply, of course!
Ideally online via our online application tool referring to our Job-ID 004OUO.
Contact person for this position is Silvia Obert.
For general questions regarding your application or the application process please contact us.
+49 30 89 712 470 (Recruiting Service Team)
We at Schneider.
Schneider Electric stands for the future of energy management and automation - here we are experts, specialists and consultants. We are not pioneers on our own. We live innovations, not only dream of them, but also tackle them. Always keeping an eye on the customer and the next big thing in mind, we always dare to take new paths. We take risks and shape where others only react. Diversity is our strength. Each of us learns new things every day, thus helping to shape Schneider Electric's face: sustainable, efficient and with passion. We are motivated to meet the challenge of leaving the competition behind us. At Schneider we call this Life Is On.
More information about your new colleagues can be found in our German blog http://blog.schneider-electric.de - Everything about Schneider Electric as an employer can be found here: