About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
SUMMARY OF JOB:
Provide high level administrative support requiring discretion, confidentiality, and in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures. Typically supports 2-3 executive level (VP and above) employees or a single executive and 2-3 non-executive level employees, potentially in multiple locations
- Answers telephone calls, travel arrangements, and expense reports.
- Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares recommendations
- Will have access to the email accounts of supported staff to schedule their appointments and answer or redirect routine enquiries from internal or external sources.
- May be required to update and/or order office supplies
- May coordinate activities between departments and outside parties especially when working on setting up events such as team meetings or regional conferences
- Compiles and analyzes information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary.
- Manage special projects as requested
- Handles details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
- Maybe the point of contact for trouble shooting escalated issues from those they support
- Makes high level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company.
This job might be for you if:
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert ability using Microsoft Office programs including, but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint and potentially Microsoft Project
- Strong organizational skills including, but not limited to, the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments and the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and a high degree of initiative in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Knows how to leverage resources and delegates effectively
- Expert ability using Outlook or Lotus Notes
- Displays a positive and team first attitude
- Continuously seeks ways to enhance contribution to those they support
- Exercises considerable discretion and independent judgment and is capable of analyzing complex information requests and determining complex trends.
- Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature.
- Demonstrates a commitment to acquiring new capabilities
EDUCATION-MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
Requires a professional certification and/or 5+ years experience in working with senior level executives (VP and above) within and outside the company, as well as experience with customers, vendors, visitors, and other dignitaries.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.