API Management Engineer
Schneider Electric Boston, MA
About the Job
We are forming a team to setup and operate a new API Management platform to
- Host Schneider Electric (SE) APIs
- Catalogue SE APIs
- Monitor and Operate the platform
- Not applicable
Duties and responsibilities
- Setup & operate Developer Portals and monitoring, analytics modules
- Design, develop API specifications using OpenAPI Specifications/YAML/JS
- Develop coding standards, methodology and repeatable process
- Implement API management solutions using Apigee to include API proxies, rate limiting, security, analytics, monetization and developer portals.
- Work on Apigee On-Prem/SaaS, Apigee Sense and API BaaS
- Configure traffic management policies such as spike arrest, message mediation, cache management, security (OAuth2.0, Basic Auth, and API Key)
- Facilitate development and communication of solutions to technical and business stakeholders
- Identify technical dependencies and roadblocks proactively and work with cross-functional teams to remove them
- Define and deliver Proofs of Concept (PoCs) independently and effectively
- Bachelor's Degree (or) Above
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins
- Experience using Git and/or Bitbucket as source control
- Experience with REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Broad knowledge of web standards e.g., OAuth, SSL, CORS, JWT, etc.
- Skilled problem solvers with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions.
- Strong communicators who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences alike, including high level decision makers.
- Knowledge and experience in developing software using agile methodologies.
- Projected travel 5 to 10 %