Advanced Visualization Analyst
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Energy and Sustainability have become critical issues for organizations given emerging customer, investor, social and regulatory pressures. Schneider Electric Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) provides assistance, support, and leadership to some of the world's best-known companies, local governments/cities and institutions on energy and sustainability strategy, technology, and implementation. As a global specialist in energy and resource management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Commercial and Industrial sectors, such as Retail, Food & Beverage, Healthcare and in the Public and Academic sectors.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
We seek an enthusiastic, creative and thorough Advanced Visualization Analyst excited about the opportunity to provide value and innovation to the ESS business and our customers via data and technology.
This Advanced Visualization Analyst will work with stakeholders across the business on business intelligence development projects to support reporting and analytics for our customers: assessing reporting and analytics needs, designing and executing excellent solutions, documenting solutions, and testing and maintaining data heavy business applications that also require excellent end user experience. In addition, this role will interface with other Advanced Visualization subject matter experts across our technology and Operations team with a focus on developing ESS Operations' collective competency in data structuring and visualization development. This individual will have the opportunity to learn the ESS business and contribute to Active Energy Management (AEM) initiatives across multiple domains of energy and sustainability.
This person will discuss business needs and solutions in the area of advanced visualization applications; assisting in driving and prioritizing competitive enhancements and solutions. Attention to detail, creative problem solving, software configuration experience and excellent communication skills are essential qualities for this role.
- Engage with stakeholders in Data Operations, Risk Management, Sourcing, Sustainability and Cleantech to identify internal and external customer needs and collaboratively design creative solutions with iterative feedback and updates
- Design, develop, and implement business intelligence solutions (analytic reports and dashboards) using Qlik Sense and NPrinting
- Develop a strong knowledge of Resource Advisor, CBMS and other critical systems leveraged by ESS to provide client services; develop an acute sense of how systems integrate at a business user level
- Partner with Business and IT development teams to build and enhance excellent business intelligence and analytic reporting solutions for customers using Qlik Sense
- Maintain strong functional knowledge of developed applications for maintenance and support, researching and fixing issues as they occur
- Support user requests for training and problem solving with other Qlik developers across the business; develop a training and collaborative mindset with other Qlik developers and users
- Maintain documentation of new project processes and deliverables including requirements, testing documentation and issues logs
- Understanding and updating the data model for enhancements and performance improvement s
- Design client facing advanced visualizations that are clear and visually appealing
- Some experience using business intelligence software (Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, Sisense, etc) and/or programming languages
- Proficient grasp on data models and structuring
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university, degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong analytical skills with core competency in problem solving
- Creativity to view a problem from many angles and drive towards an excellent solution
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with varying schedules and to prioritize accordingly
- Self-starter who can suggest innovative approaches and enhancements
- Attention to detail, thoroughly understanding the entirety of problems and solutions
- Initiative to uncover and solve problems proactively
- Effective working on teams, within and outside of function
- High commitment to company vision and values
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Previous experience or training with Qlik Sense or Qlik View
- Experience in an Agile development utilizing Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence (or comparable tools from other vendors)
- Experience documenting best practices and supporting governance across a distributed team
- Previous energy or sustainability industry knowledge
- Qlik Sense or related technical certifications
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.