Business Development Manager - Mid Market
About the Job
APC by Schneider Electric is a leading IT Vendor, and provides integrated solutions that modernise your physical infrastructure, while optimising performance, space and availability.
We're proud to offer the largest portfolio of physical infrastructure solutions (Critical Power and Cooling) for IT Server Room's and Data Centres, including components, services and software systems for traditional, converged, hyper converged or customised IT architectures .
With a global presence in over 100 countries, APC by Schneider Electric is the indisputable leader in Data Centre Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, together with Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
What do we stand for?
We believe that great people and partners make APC by Schneider Electric a great company and its our commitment to innovation, diversity and sustainability that ensures Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
What is the role?
Based in our Macquarie Park head office in Sydney, we have an opportunity for an individual to join the APC by Schneider Electric team in the capacity of Business Development Manager- Mid Market.
To drive growth in the spend of end users on the APC by Schneider Electric data centre technology product portfolio, but also to define and drive the pursuit of Edge Computing solutions in their focus segment/s. This includes identifying opportunities by evaluating market trends and business fundamentals, and drive growth within the data centre segment across the I.T market.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Grow and sustain the business across New South Wales
- Understand Data Centre Business Ecosystem new opportunities within the accounts in terms of applications and benefits, and suitably leverage using strategic, core and ancillary products as well as professional and value added services as might be required;
- Have a strong knowledge of the inner workings of the education, retail, govt, and health sectors.
- Develop and implement annual and quarterly business plan by vertical and accounts, and sales plans to achieve targeted revenue and wallet-share objectives, including mapping a maintaining key internal and targeted accounts.
- Manage Quarterly business review with Key accounts and key growth plans into named accounts.
- Pull together small edge based solutions, and on premise edge computing solutions;
- Detect new opportunities, building relationships with external partners / contractors, around the edge and on premise data Centre, new fit outs in the above core markets
- Uncover and close DCPI business opportunities within end user accounts;
- Develop opportunities to get translated into working (real) funnel valued at 3-5 times expected revenue goals on an on-going (quarterly/annual) basis;
- Develop and manage strategic relationships with field sales reps with designated channel partners; Participate in joint pipeline generation activities and track sales closures;
- Mentor selected partner sales reps on DCPI selling skills;
- Leverage existing relationships, coordinating and maximising selling efficiencies by partnering with APC by Schneider Electric's IT and Facilities channel partners, i.e. re-sellers, and working closely with our Partner Manager to uncover opportunities.
The data centre landscape is a familiar canvass, you enjoy strong relationships with the end user market, and have a good understanding of the key issues facing these organisations when it comes to the data centre ecosystem in Australia.
Ideally you will have experience in at least one of the core focus segments (Education, Health, Govt, Banking and Finance)
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident new business sales professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge.
As a BDM, you have a "what's next" attitude. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do.
In addition, you possess the following relevant skills
- Strong commercial sensibility, and are influential and prescriptive with end users
- A "no fear" approach to business development and an enthusiasm for uncovering opportunities
- Highly developed written & verbal communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to drive performance excellence within a highly competitive market
- Experience in Business Development/Account Management within the data centre or I.T environment.
- Forward-thinking, solutions driven and collaborative to help build and maintain branch culture.
- Highly driven and entrepreneur style business thinking.
- Driving and create strong internal relationships.
- Build partnership with Consultants / Contractors and IT Channel partners
- Hunt new business across the industry. 75% field based
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
*Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.