Business Development Manager - MV WA
About the Job
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centres, Infrastructure, Industries & Mining.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the indisputable leader in Power Management - Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We're proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration. In 2017 we were ranked as one of the Top 10 places to work in Australia by Randstad, and globally in LinkedIn's top 25 leading companies.
What's on Offer?
The BDM MV Through Partner's role is to focus on developing and growing business opportunities to increase revenue for Energy and Partner Projects MV/LV solutions. This will primarily be achieved by pursuing and winning targeted projects in both identified pursuit segments and geographic regions.
Your key objective? To drive MV growth in the spend of End Users, consultants, specifiers, panel builders and EPCs on the SE product portfolio, whilst helping define and commercially implement the go to market strategy. This includes identifying opportunities by evaluating market trends and business fundamentals, and focusing on growth within the energy market.
The energy landscape is a familiar canvass, you enjoy strong relationships with the EPC, switchboard builder, and end user market. Importantly, you have a strong understanding of the key issues facing these organisations in Australia. As our preferred candidate you will have experience in core focus segments such as MMM, with a strong understanding of the switchboard building environment.
As a BDM, you have a "what's next" attitude, and prioritise customer centricity. You leverage your evolved commercial sensibility to drive profitable, enduring outcomes whilst retaining a technical grounding which adds to your credibility. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In short, you are looking for ownership, accountability, and the opportunity to be positioned as our MV/LV "go to" person in W.A.
In addition, you possess the following attributes;
- A "no fear" approach to business development and an enthusiasm for uncovering large scale opportunities
- Ability to ensure SE is specified, or on preferred equipment/bid list for targeted projects, and to position SE as "first in mind" with targeted End Users and EPCs
- Engagement with contractors and panel builders to ensure they are aligned with SE's product offering
- Strong commercial sensibility, and are influential and prescriptive with end users
- Highly developed written & verbal communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to drive performance excellence within a highly competitive market
- Senior experience in Business Development in energy or an electro-technology related environment.
- Forward-thinking, solutions driven and collaborative
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment