Payroll Administrator FTC 12 Months
About the Job
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2017, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Schneider Electric has a great opportunity for the right person to join our UK team as a Payroll Administrator FTC in our Telford Office.
Scope & Environment: UK and Ireland - circa 4,200 employees to be served by HR Services Organisation
You will role report directly to the Payroll Manager UK and you will have exposure to a wide range of payroll activities, projects and integrations and will have the opportunity to take ownership of payroll processes whilst adopting a proactive and efficient approach. The key objective is for you to deliver efficient and timely payroll services activities to the business whilst engaging with HR Partners to ensure payroll is aligned to business needs, applying a continuous improvement ethos to ultimately increase customer satisfaction.
Your Key Responsibilities:
1. Prepare and Input Payroll data for monthly Payroll transactions, ensuring that all deductions and additional payments are made for the appropriate period.
2. Ensure the payroll is processed in line with legislation and company policies
3. Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure all salary payments are processed on time and accurately. Build strong working relationships with key contact's.
4. Prepare and reconcile payroll payments on a monthly basis for 3 rd party suppliers and HMRC
5. Manage the administration of the Pension schemes, preparing and reconciling payments for pension contributions
5. Contribute ideas and solutions to improve the processes and efficiencies within the Payroll function
6. Prepare and deliver requested Payroll reports
7. Administering requests from Government agencies and other 3rd Parties.
8. Collate, submit and distribute P11D information.
9. Support the Payroll Manager with the administration of the ECO car scheme.
10. Deal with employee queries via calls and emails within a strict SLA
11. Complete national statistics form on a monthly basis for the Office of National Statistics.
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent - A-C in English and Math's.
Ideally CIPP qualified or working towards.
You will have significant experience in a Payroll environment, and will have gained a good understanding and working knowledge of all aspects of Payroll processing.
You will have previous experience of working at this level within a shared services environment
It is desirable for you to have experience of ADP Freedom
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Excellent customer service skills / customer focused
Ability to communicate effectively across the organisation
Ability to work to defined deadlines and under pressure
Strong IT skills, including evidence of Excel, Word and Lotus notes
Experience of process improvement techniques and confident in learning new systems
Ability to work as part of a team towards a common goal
Ability to process payrolls
Excellent attention to detail, accurate and conscientious, providing a high quality of work
What we can offer you
In addition to a competitive salary and a long term career with global opportunities, we offer 28 days annual leave + statutory days, DC Pension and Flexible Employee Benefits.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.