Material Productivity Leader
About the Job
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Material Productivity Leader provides strategic direction and is in charge of the development, leadership and execution of all the initiatives for the direct material cost saving activities in the plant. Also is responsible for supporting the operational relations with suppliers based on the strategy defined by the Commodity Management and Procurement departments including activities such as upholding the contracts in the plant, supporting RFQ processes including its creation and follow up, as well as taking part in the negotiation process regarding price definition, quantity of products, quality and logistic level. Other responsibilities also include tracking and reporting key elements/data on supplier performance.
- Ensure the correct deployment of the general Purchasing Strategy for cost reduction initiatives in the cluster.
- Propose cost reduction projects/ ideas (QVE, Rebalancing, etc. ) within his/her perimeter consistent with purchasing strategy goals.
- Contribute to purchasing database maintenance via the regular and constant update of corresponding data.
- Support the commodity management strategy for supplier consultation & selection including negotiation and management of contracts with local/specific suppliers (price, lead times, pay terms, inventory level, etc. )
- Support and / or lead all the activities related to the supply qualification system in the plant according with the responsibility matrix defined.
- University / College degree in Industrial Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience in Engineering or Purchasing areas or similar.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Processes is a plus.
- Supplier Chain knowledge (Supplier Management, Negotiation, Market Analysis, Inventory Management etc.)
- Strong Project Management knowledge
- Financial acumen
- Internal Cost and Budget Management knowledge
- Oral and written communication
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Database Management skills is a plus
- Experience with SAP environment is a plus
- Strong interpersonal and leadership.
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to communicate, organize and work under a cross-functional Team environment.
- Capacity for problems analysis and synthesis.
- Planning and Strategic Thinking
- Intercultural skills, team spirit, result oriented.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Y ou must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.