Technical Writer - Lake Forest, CA
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Technical Writer will be required to generate documents that communicate the installation, configuration, and operation of industrial automation products.
The direct manager for this position is located in Lake Forest, CA.
- Write user and technical documentation, including manuals for technical audiences, online Help, Release Notes, Customer-Facing Product Announcements, and Product Specification Sheets.
- Work under the supervision of a Lead Writer on a project basis, interacting with developers, testers, project managers, support staff, and other SMEs to gather needed information.
- Work collaboratively with a global, geographically-dispersed team, primarily in North America and India.
- Learn internal project and publishing processes unique to our environment.
- Participate in migration to department's content management system.
- Attend early morning and evening project meetings as needed.
This job might be for you if:
- Two years of related experience (can be entry-level with the right education/demonstrated skills)
- Demonstrate aptitude for authoring technical publications for highly technical and complex products.
- Some experience with tools used in this environment, including Acrobat Professional, RoboHelp, Flare, Word, Excel, DITA, Arbortext, SharePoint, Photoshop, Visio, Illustrator, and TFS.
- Degree in Communications, English, Technical Writing; Software, Electrical, Electronic or Control Engineering; Computer Science; or a similar related subject.
- Experience with FrameMaker is desirable.
- Experience working on a dispersed, multi-cultural team is helpful.
- Experience writing in an agile development environment is a plus.
- Experience with a content management system is a plus.
- Strong individual writing skills
- Ability to learn on-the-fly
- Able to focus and complete his/her own work under the direction of another to produce accurate and on-time deliverables with a minimum of supervision
- Continuous self-improvement and maintenance of skills through training.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.