Area Sales Manager - National Sales Force
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Lead high performance sales team within the Schneider Electric / Square D National Sales Force ("NSF"), accountable for all commercial activities in the Sales Area and the sale of industry leading products, solutions, and services. NSF Area Sales Managers are responsible for the development of profitable growth strategies, along with associated sales forecasting, budgeting, and staffing decisions. Provide coaching and development activities for sales staff necessary to achieve sales targets, pursue key prospects, negotiate and construct appropriate terms of sales.
- Define markets, market potentials and appropriate sales strategies for the Sales Area. Partner with customers and distributors to plan strategies, provide quality service, train customers, and provide support necessary for attainment of customer's goals and objectives. Anticipate obstacles and develop alternative strategies.
- Formulate, communicate, implement, and evaluate strategic and tactical sales plans. Provide coaching to ensure successful execution of plans.
- Maintain active relationships with Schneider Electric customers. Negotiate discrepancies between customer and Schneider Electric expectations.
- Provide coaching and development activities for sales staff necessary to achieve sales targets; identify and pursue key prospects, develop bid strategies, negotiate and construct appropriate terms of sale.
- Coordinate sales activities in Sales Area with other NSF Areas and national account management to penetrate key accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor budget and asset control systems.
- Utilize lean principles to continuously examine processes, identifying necessary improvements and coordinating implementation.
- Administer and/or establish company policies that directly affect employees.
This job might be for you if:
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of varied experience in sales, marketing, and product management. Relevant work experience and/or established networks in the Electrical Industry are desirable.
- He/she must have a successful record of leading and coaching in a transformative environment.
- Excel in an entrepreneurial environment. Embrace the opportunity to capitalize on the convergence of Information Technology and Operational Technology with Schneider Electric's EcoStruxure™ platform.
- The successful candidate will be a self-confident and skilled communicator who has demonstrated the ability to build relationships and influence others across functional boundaries.
- He/she must be able to effectively challenge the status quo, network both upwards and downwards, collaborate and influence within a complex, matrixed organization.
- He/she must have well-developed strategic planning and analytical skills-including a solid understanding of business finance.
- Additionally, this individual must be recognized as a strong performer with a strong record of delivering results and the ability to grow in the organization.
- A four year degree or equivalent is required.
- Ability to travel (25%+) as needed.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.