Technical Communication Manager
About the Job
The Technical Communication Manager is responsible for driving technical communication of the Home & Business Network (HBN) product portfolio, especially game changer and non-IT products.
The HBN product families include the best-selling Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS), Surge Protectors and peripherals widely used in Smart Home, Small & Medium Business(SMB), Enterprise and Industrial environments.
You will work with cross-functional global teams from engineering, product management & marketing, regional deployment team, channel marketing and global marketing to grow the portfolio. You will report to the Director of Product Marketing.
What you will be doing:
· Develop technical marketing content accurately and on time targeting SMB & Enterprise IT Professional persona. The content includes but is not limited to product technology presentation, case studies, technical specification, FAQs, technical solution guide, thought leadership articles, product how-to/ installation video script etc.
· Establish and maintain working relationship with cross-functional teams (Engineering, Product Marketing, Product Management, Regional Product Deployment and Tech Support) to define document requirements, address customer needs and questions related to the product line
· Describe terminologies around Uninterruptible Power Supplies and power electronics in simple business language and incorporate them into web content and other digital marketing outlets for customer education and SEO
· Serve as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for technical marketing contents
- You are completely committed to understanding customer challenges
- You are tech savvy. You are a powerhouse to gather and absorb complex technical information and turn them into easy-to-understand messages that may be consumed for non-technical audiences
- You are passionate about technical writing and turning technical specifications into solutions that address customer pain points
- You have a creative mindset. You aren't afraid to ask a lot of questions and challenge the status quo
- You love working with global teams, remote and across time zones
- You are super organized as you will manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You are a self-starter and are willing to learn new software and tools
- You have at least 5 to 7 years of engineering, technical or marketing experiences
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing or a related field. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls, Communication or Physics is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the power electronics and Uninterruptible Power Supplies is a plus