OEM Sales Engineer - Load Banks
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an OEM Sales Engineer - Load Bank Product Line based out of Cleveland, Ohio.
Sell industrial-electrical capital equipment while achieving bottom line results by picking up existing accounts and growing the business via new accounts. The factory direct sales position will work out of our office in Cleveland, Ohio and requires 50% of outside sales travel, calling on an existing customer base of OEM level accounts in the power generation market. Additional responsibilities will be to call on consulting engineers, assisting in the specification of our equipment, laying the ground-work for complete project technical management and control from design, procurement, sale, installation support and operation of our products. The position requires a personality and technical sales background that can effectively provide customers solutions at the highest levels in an organization through a consultative sale of our products, with the support of an established executive team of engineers and other outside sales professionals as needed and required. Strong social skill set in working with people within and outside the organization is also required.
Essential Function/Detailed Responsibilities:
· Manage an already established book of business. Responsible for understanding and qualifying customer applications.
· Establish a game plan list of account goals for existing customer base.
· Incrementally increase the level of new sales opportunities in the power generation, UPS's, turbine, OEM marketplace.
· Provide exceptional level customer service with detailed technical proposals and supporting technical documentation that will provide load testing solutions to mission critical power applications.
· Facilitate and grow sales of Load Banks and our other products to an established base of customers and explore new market opportunity sales as well.
· Research and generate comprehensive strategic plans for effective penetration into existing and new additional market segments. Provide management with effective detailed reports and forecasting of new opportunity sales with the support of our custom Synergy system.
· Qualify initial customer requests in the preparation of detailed technical proposals for both standard price-book and custom engineered products.
· Works closely with Sales Manager and Engineering Manager in specification review and accurate proposal preparation when quoting standard and custom engineered projects.
· Maintain fiscal responsibility for related travel, entertainment expenses and assigned budgets.
· Review reports, attend and participate in scheduled team meetings, prepare and provide data reporting for management measurements of revenue and margin results.
· May be required to attend trade shows, seminars, industry related conventions and training.
· Identify ways to improve productivity and safety.
· May be required to perform other administrative tasks and duties as assigned by management and guide, monitor and instruct entry level employees in their duties.
· Works closely with inside sales, engineering and Production departments on customer schedules and expedites. Most important with contracts in review of terms and conditions and order clean-up.
· Ability to determine and thoroughly and effectively communicate customer application needs and technical product requirements to all aspects of the organization (engineering, contracts, finance, production, and quality assurance).
· Ability to implement and execute a business plan for covering existing customer base and potential growth into new markets, including but not limited to forecasting by products, customer base, and geography.
· Measure and monitor quotation volume, close rates, sales revenue, sales calls, gross margin and opportunity slip rates in sales activities.
· Continuous improvement, sales process, quotation, sales team support.
· Minimum of an Associate (Bachelor's preferred) degree in Business; or five years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the sales of industrial capital equipment.
· Experience in the sale of capital equipment (industrial/electrical test equipment).
· Able to travel approximately 50% (as required) including planned customer appointments, trade shows, conventions, and availability for factory tours and entertainment during customer visits.
· Excellent Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PPT and Excel is required; and working knowledge of ERP system and order processing.
· Working knowledge of a previous CRM level program is beneficial.
· Working knowledge of sales processes, price book, quotations process.
· Knowledge or experience with electrical power circuits, power testing, power distribution, or standby emergency power equipment is a plus.
· Excellent time management and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Strong orientation as it relates to dealing with customers and clients
· Self Starter with an enthusiastic level of motivation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong team player
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.