Warehouse Supervisor - Weekend Shift
About the Job
Materials Supervisor- 0053DB
Schneider Electric/Global Supply Chain
The Columbia, SC plant has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate individual to assume the role of Materials Supervisor. You will be primarily accountable for overseeing the hourly materials team and driving daily goal attainment through leadership, lean principles, and collaboration. You will coordinate the day-to-day Materials activities of your team to safely meet the production schedules, volume, cost and quality standards. This position will cover the weekend shift, which runs 5:00am - 5:30pm. Position will primarily work Friday-Sunday. In this role you will also have to be flexible when needed for overtime and out rate coverage.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Responsible for safety, on-time service, quality, productivity, operator training and flexibility in the materials department for a variety of internal and external customers
- Manage warehouse operations following the Schneider Performance System (SPS) guidelines through the use of SIM (Short Interval Meeting) boards and other processes.
- Motivate the team as well as collaborate on new ideas and activities to eliminate barriers and exceed goals.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement projects.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business, or related fields.
- You are organized and have experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Possess leadership abilities and can drive performance.
- Experience managing people
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of OSHA guidelines and workplace safety
- Previous experience with facilitating change management within an organization
- Building a culture of responsiveness and continuous improvement
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.