Project Manager - Data Center
About the Job
Project Manager - Data Center REF# 005472 Costa Mesa, CA
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The Project Manager is accountable for managing customer project orders of moderate size and complexity. This includes initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of customer projects. Documentation, communication, and customer facing skills are critical to this position. In this role you will
· Manage several simultaneous projects
· Provide direction and leadership for Managed customer projects as assigned
· Manage the team's compliance with Customer Projects Process to ensure consistent results
· Improve effectiveness of critical functions within the direct responsibility of the individual project team through metrics monitoring and tracking
· Travel as needed
· Monitor the execution of the customer project order, verifying execution of the project through kick-off meetings, communication to all parties and exchange of technical requirements and project plan information
· Maintain the project schedule and communicate with the customer to ensure expectations are being met
· Coordinate with internal manufacturing facilities and third party vendors
· Plan, communicate, and manage project risks
· When requested, provide upfront sales support during project quotation and preparation phase
· Manage tender of engineered projects
· Monitor the performance of the customer project through its lifecycle, including: task completion verification, project team monitoring, schedule reporting and issue resolution
· Solve problems and resolve project issues to deliver positive customer feedback and improved relationships
· Lead the closeout of the customer project to include financial reconciliation, verification of job site equipment arrival, installation, start-up, software integration, and training
· Coordinate Factory testing, provide customer/sales support, communicate with Consulting Engineers at a technical level.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years working with 3phase UPS systems
- Excellent communicator, decision maker, team builder
- Strong leadership skills, ability to work collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office, MS Project (or other schedule management software)
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.