About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
At the tender phase:
- Perform a contract review (including terms and conditions) in accordance with the rules of engagement and in consultation with Legal, propose winning contractual set-up;
- Identify, review and mitigate financial, legal, and commercial risks in consultation with the relevant subject matter experts;
- Negotiate contracts (including terms and conditions) with customers or subcontractors along with opportunity leader taking direction from Legal if needed;
- Ensure back to back terms with key suppliers where appropriate;
- Review final contract against agreed and approved position;
- Perform a contract handover to the execution team, ensuring their understanding of key contractual aspects.
At the execution phase:
- Administer the project execution against contractual rights and obligations;
- Ensure that contractual obligations are performed, properly documented and closely followed up;
- Support project manager on risk and opportunity identification and management;
- Identify, prepare, submit, and negotiate variation orders and claims with both customer and subcontractors in a timely and effective manner;
- Draft contractual correspondences in consultation with Legal as required;
- Participate in project reviews, propose and support mitigation actions as required;
- Ensure local tax, bonding, insurance & customs issues are identified and addressed.
If required, support Contract Administration team in:
- filing the contract and contract related documents;
- preparing and/or negotiating applications for payment and invoicing;
- implementing and following up on financial means of payment such as letter of credit, bank guarantees and credit insurance;
- handling tax related matters as per guidelines (for example VAT registrations);
- assisting the project manager in the cost and value reconciliation of the project with particular focus on variation/ claim forecasting.
- Support the deployment of Corporate guidelines, Customer Project Process, change order & claim management, and best practices.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
This job might be for you if:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Contract Management in a project environment or project/finance management environment
- University and/or business school and/or engineer diploma: Master's degree or equivalent BAC+5, business administration, international trade and/or law desired.
- Diploma, certification or equivalent in Contract Management
- IACCM Certification or equivalent
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.