Regional Product Specialist - Surge (ASCO)
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products, surge protection, and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO surge protective devices combine over 45 years of surge protection leadership. We offer of broad range of power line filters, and state-of-the-art surge suppression equipment. Markets from broadcast; industrial; telecommunications; residential; traffic; transportation; and fire, alarm and security rely on us. Our solutions are easy to install, cost effective, and essential for safeguarding sensitive data and equipment. We are the industry leader in protecting power quality and continuity - all with the goal of helping businesses concentrate on what they do best and achieve power peace of mind.
ASCO Power Technologies has an exciting career opportunity for a Surge Protection Regional Product Specialist in Clearwater, FL .
The Regional Product Specialist is responsible for the attainment of overall sales objectives for an assigned geographic territory. Objectives are achieved through the effective management of all sales resources to promote and develop the ASCO Surge products and markets. Sales are direct, through reps, and through distributors.
- Achieve sales quota through the management of all the territories' resources
- Train, motivate and manage sales offices to achieve assigned sales volumes
- Work with sales managers to develop and implement short and long term strategic plans to support company objectives
- Perform technical product presentations
- Work with sales offices and consulting engineers to drive ASCO favorable specifications
- Develop long term relationships with customers base including sales offices, consulting engineers, distributors and contractors
- Direct inside team and sales offices on quoting procedures and pricing levels
- Understand and be able to develop a quote from electrical drawings and specifications
- Ability to learn and utilize company database including:
- Entering detailed contact and project information on a daily basis
- Preparing quotes/proposals, sales orders and RMA's
- Research, understand and update customer profiles
- Must have an understanding of competitive and pricing issues
- Willing to travel minimum of 70% and maintain travel and entertainment expenses within guidelines
- Assist with forecasting and meet or exceed assigned sales goals
- Develop proposals based on a site visit/walk-through
- Understanding the hierarchy of the bid and spec market
- Must be able to provide technical assistance to clients including trouble shooting product issues
- Promote professional ASCO Power Technologies image
- Assist with the development and implementation of marketing plans
- Fluency in basic electrical fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of electrical and electronic components and systems
- Working knowledge of power quality and its implications
- Conduct technical presentations, in person and via webinar, detailing company products and services to distributors, consulting engineers, end users and OEM customers
- Positive teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a related field or 5 years related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be organized and a self-starter who can work with minimum direction
- Capacity for learning the basics of the electrical industry and specifics of surge protection
- Strong information gathering and fact-finding skills
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.