NAM IT Marketing & Customer Experience Leader
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The business relationship manager provides direction and guidance to business partners to enable the best information technology (IT) solutions that meet the business needs. The position bridges the gap between business partners and technology solution providers.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with business partners and acts as a liaison between information services teams and the business partner
- Manages and mentors a BRM team that builds and manages strategic relationships with business partners
- Acts as an advisor to business partners to shape their strategy with regard to technology and ensure they are aware of IT service offerings
- Promotes business projects and value to the IT leaders and community
- Works with business analysts to help their business units define new capabilities
- Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and manages program and project initiatives
- Tracks ROI for business initiatives including cost, beneﬁts, and risk
- Helps deﬁne and communicate new services to support business needs
- Participates in development of business strategic planning and IT strategic planning
- Assists in the development of metrics used to track value delivery
- Provides details on cost, value, and opportunity to optimize IT spend (initiatives and support services)
- Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Gathers high-level business requirements and deﬁnes scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
- Leads in the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
- Establishes initial vendor relationships and maintains a forward-looking view of vendor direction
- Interfaces with vendors to understand whether vendor products will meet business requirements
- Monitors that the solution center is meeting the partner's expectations
- Reﬁnes SLAs based on business need
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of industry and technology trends, and makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conﬂicts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions
This job might be for you if:
- Strong analytical skills to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources
- Ability to distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and resolve conflicts
- Ability to lead requirements elicitation workshops
- Ability to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation
- Understanding of contemporary requirements gathering practices and the ability to apply them in practice
- Familiarity with requirements engineering practices and resources
- Knowledge of product management concepts
- Application domain knowledge is a plus
- More than 10 years of project management experience
- Relevant industry specific experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.