About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position will report to the Quality Manager in our Costa Mesa production facility. Will be a member of the quality operations in charge of testing, inspection and first level of analysis. Will realizes simple quality control operations of incoming materials, components and manufactured products; apply strict working instructions and fixed operating procedures; and apply predefined models for first level analysis. Will ensure test and quality control for parts, sub-assemblies and product is completed and documented.
- Inspect materials, parts and assemblies for Quality conformance.
- Applies predefined models for first level analyses.
- Deliver varied inspection operations, simple or repetitive, of parts or sub-assemblies in one defined step of production process. These operations can require the use of measuring devices.
- Interpret drawings or dimensioning and set the appropriate control operation according to the requirement.
- May indicate the Quality indicators and provide the first analysis level.
- Document and escalate defects and participate to first corrective actions.
- Conduct testing parts and finished goods
This job might be for you if:
- Technical diploma (3 years) and/or Technical certification required.
- 5+ years of experience in Quality and 3 years' experience in a manufacturing setting
- Solid electrical knowledge
- Knowledgeable in quality and lean methodologies: (Pareto, root- cause Analysis, fishbone, etc.)
- Experience using basic testing/quality tools. Ex. calipers (vernier, height, etc.), micrometer, other tools as needed
- Calls for basic professional knowledge in application of working instructions, carrying out sequences of quality control operations.
- Understanding GD&T and ISO 9001 standard major plus
- Intermediate in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment across various functions
- Motivated self-starter, who able to work in parallel on multiple projects
- Facilitator to drive problem solving and troubleshooting activities
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ability read and understand drawings and schematics.
- Requires good analytical skills.
- Position requires a high level of dexterity and manipulative skill, facility with a wide range of manual hand tools as well as simple test equipment
- Position will require lifting, carrying, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling and/or squatting and holding in place parts weighting up to 25 lbs sporadically over work period
- Must be able to work in a non-climate controlled environment
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust and a limited exposure to fumes and odors.
- Ability to occasionally handle, as required, both hazardous and non-hazardous waste in a safe manner and in compliance with local, state, and federal ordinances
- Must be able to regularly ascend/descend ladders and/or stairs through the course of the day
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.