Project Buyer, New Product Development
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Project Procurement Lead (PPL) portion of this job supports selected Product Development projects within the Offer Creation Process (OCP) securing an efficient supplier selection and supplier management process, achieving end-to-end project/product cost, and Time-to-Market objectives. He/she is a key contact for coordination of purchasing activities between Partner Business Unit (BU), Global Supply Chain (GSC) Operation's Factories (OFP) and the Lines of Business (LoB). He/she supports the development of a panel of best in class suppliers globally, which matches the BU/LoB needs in terms of growth, innovation, profitability and technical challenges. He/she is a strong team player in North America OCP, GSC, and the Schneider Electric Global Purchasing community where he/she is recognized for his/her supplier market expertise.
- Responsible for all Purchasing activities within electro-mechanical new product development or innovation project(s)
- Choose electrical, electronic and mechanical component & sub-assembly manufacturers for the project(s) consistent with global/regional commodity and Supplier of Choice (SOC) strategy. Guide components & sub assembly selection with a total supply chain approach (Total Cost of Ownership, innovation, multi-sourcing, promote standardization, supply chain flexibility, quality, lead-time, etc.). Analyze and challenge the needs of the project(s).
- Contribute to the achievement of OCP project targets (product cost, project cost, quality, and time-to-market) while respecting the purchasing processes and strategy. Responsible on negotiation with suppliers in all Purchasing terms and conditions not already fixed by commodity manager/contract. Initiate and negotiate contracts/formal supplier agreements for strategic parts & components.
- Encourage and seek Co-Development and Early Supplier Involvement on OCP projects. Bring supplier market knowledge into projects.
- Monitor and ensure competitive material cost to meet product target cost (design/redesign to cost). Participate in product cost estimation and achieving product cost targets.
- Lead the selection of the Purchasing Deliverables to apply on every project and ensure timely completion according to Project schedule and OCP guidelines.
- Identify new technologies/suppliers; identify gaps between current/future needs & current supplier panel. Provide local/regional market intelligence and OCP project requirements to build sourcing commodity strategies. Share key choices with commodity managers/cross functional team.
- Act as representative of OCP Procurement at cross functional Virtual Commodity Teams meetings
- Contribute to define, improve and implement best practices within the Purchasing team
This job might be for you if You fit the following Requirements:
EDUCATION - MINIMUM REQUIRED
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Business
• MBA in International Business / Engineering / Supply Chain is a plus
EXPERIENCE - MINIMUM REQUIRED
• Minimum 5 years of Purchasing experience in an project management environment, within a Purchasing/Sourcing team of a Multinational corporation
• Strong experience in Purchasing tools (TCO, Should Cost, Outsourcing) Supplier qualification/selection, request for proposal, negotiations, contract or formal supply agreement execution
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 1 - REQUIRED
• Spoken and written fluent communication in English
• Leadership skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strategic thinking
• Cross cultural awareness
• Capability of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Communication (written - ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally as well as externally)
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Presentation and report generation skills to project, BU/LoB, or corporate senior management
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS 2 - DESIRED BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
• Energy Management Products and Solutions offering understanding
• Energy management understanding
• at ease with IT tools (MS Office products, e-mail, web enabled tools and processes)
• Certified Black belt or equivalent is a plus
• International trade expertise
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
• The position is located at PIIT Monterrey Design Center
• Regional travel in North America can be frequent (25-30%)
• Overseas travel may be required (1-2 per yr.)
OTHER KEY CONSIDERATIONS
This opportunity is equally accessible to candidates from both genders and all minorities and to disabled candidates as long as travel and communication ability is consistent with job requirements.
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
Internal mobility is a top priority at Schneider Electric. If you're looking for your next step or want to try something new, applying for an internal opportunity can help you further develop your career.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.