Machining Tool & Die Technician - 2nd Shift
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Maintain Tooline and Dies
· Diassemble, sharpen, fabricate parts, and reassemble
· Build fixtures and machine parts
· Operate Tool Room equiptment. Examples: Mills, lathes, grinders, drill presses, CNC machining center
· Perform start-up/troubleshooting on dies and equiptment
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (including tasks, specific knowledge, and abilities requried):
· Basic ability to interpret part drawings and blueprints
· Basic CAD/CAM training or experience
· Use Calipers, Protractors, Micrometers, and other measuring equiptment
· Knowledge of SH&E Principles as they relate to manufacturing Environment
Equiptment, Machines, and Tools Used:
- Milling Machine, Surface Grinder, Lathe, Drill Press, Band Saw
- Ability to become proficient with CNC Machining operation
- Ability to become proficient with Wire EDM operation
- Crane and Fork-Lift Operation
Education and Experience Requirements (including licenses and certifications):
- Associates Degree in Machine Tool Technology preferred
- Preference will be given to those with previous Tool & Die or Machine Tool Expereince
- Must be self-directed and willing to work O/T with limited to no advanced notification
- Standing, Walking, Bending up to 75% of the time
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- 75% Machine Tool/Die Shop
- 25% Fabrication Floor
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.