About the Job
At Schneider Electric, we create connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/HyZQJwxN6Lk
Meet your potential new colleagues in the Schneider Blog and take a look behind the scenes http://blog.schneider-electric.com LifeIsOn .
Connected Living is an innovative and fast-growing Line of Business in the Energy Management division of Schneider Electric providing cutting-edge IoT solutions & products. We provide intelligent interface between humans and buildings to bring Comfort, Safety & Efficiency to our customer's lives.
We design and manufacture connected home products and services that include the physical products that go in our customers' homes, the apps they use and the cloud-hosted software that make it all work well together. You will be working with agile cross-functional delivery teams that consist of: app developers, cloud service developers and architects, electronics design engineers, mechanical and hardware engineers, embedded systems engineers and manufacturing teams.
Most of the product range is manufactured at facilities in Plymouth, UK under the Drayton brand and in Nuremberg, Germany as Eberle Controls. This role will be located in Plymouth.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a test engineer focussing on technical testing and test automation. To flourish in this role, you will demonstrate a passion for testing and test automation while considering testability in the context of a whole-system environment including end customer experience, dependencies and ease of use. You will work as part of an agile team practicing continuous integration, implementing innovative technical test solutions for encompassing Cloud architectures, mobile devices and embedded systems. You will be comfortable working closely with members of the development team at code level as well as with colleagues focussed on system testing, hardware and electronics design in an environment supporting engineering best practises.
You will be working in the Design Engineering function as part of the test organisation in an organisation on the journey to an agile culture. You will perform early testing on new features working closely with the development team, as well as with the wider engineering teams to help facilitate full system testing.
Your specific accountabilities include :
· Perform testing as part of an agile team
· Provide test expertise and support to cross-functional development teams to facilitate responsive feedback on new feature development and delivery
· Work closely with developers during unit and component testing and with the system test team during end to end testing
· Help build in quality by thorough testing during development
· Work closely with development teams to provide test input and support to developers and to support problem solving activities
· Maintain links with colleagues in system test and other engineering teams
Your key responsibilities:
· Collaborate with developers to ensure thorough unit and component tests are conducted
· Perform thorough integration and functional testing on emerging solutions and provide necessary feedback in a clear, concise manner in a timely manner before delivery to the system test team.
· Work within cross-disciplinary project teams to develop and deliver required functional capabilities
· Maintain a customer focus always and drive rapid feedback on product behaviours during the early technical testing
· Collaborate closely with developers, Product Owners and system testers
· Object oriented coding skills e.g. C#
· Previous technical test experience (e.g. REST APIs)
· A knowledge of Test Driven Development
· Previous experience working with developers during unit and component test activities
· A strong interest in technical testing and associated test tools (e.g. Postman, Wireshark)
· Previous experience or a strong interest in test automation and a desire to develop test automation frameworks
· Experience of Behaviour Driven Development or a willingness to learn quickly
· Experience of working in agile development environments, including Scrum along with the supporting agile practices (e.g. standups, 3 Amigos, team retrospectives)
· Experience with writing automation tests and integrating with software build tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins) or a willingness to learn
· A professional, proactive attitude with good interpersonal skills
· Experience of working as part of a project team. A team player, comfortable engaging proactively with teams across the business and a natural communicator.
· Experience and/or awareness of the Systems/Product/Software engineering lifecycles
· A robust and tenacious self-starter with a passion for solving a problem and delivering quality
· ISTQB Foundation certification or a willingness to acquire it within the probation period-
· Experience with test framework development
· Experience with commercial or bespoke test automation tools
· Experience in working in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment
· Interest in energy management or smart home systems
· Cloud platform testing experience
· Previous experience with connected service testing
· German/French language proficiency
Schneider Electric offers you a competitive salary including a benefits package and the advantages of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice - apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working.
System test, systems testing, automated testing, behaviour driven development, behave, software testing, embedded firmware testing, quality, connected home, smart home, Internet of Things, IoT, App testing, embedded systems, SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test