Senior Embedded Software Designer
About the Job
Working in Drives Product Activity (Industry BU/IC&D) that is selling 1,7 Million of products a year for a global sales amount of 800M€
Drives Domain is mixing a lot of different technologies and associated challenges totally in line with the Schneider Electric Strategy like:
Power Conversion and Motor Control enabling Energy Efficiency
Application Control or Functional Safety enabling Solutions for the customers
Ethernet, Web Servers and DTM enabling Digitization and Services
Mission is based in Pacy-Sur-Eure (Normandie/France) at 1 hour from Paris in the main site of Drives Product Activity.
Pacy R&D is closely connected to:
- The Drives Products site in Japan (Nagoya)
- The 2 sites of Drives System Activities in Austria(Vienna) and China (Beijing)
- The Drives Medium Activity in IOC-C based in China (Shanghai)
- The Architecture, Technology and Innovation department of IC&D
Drives mission is being the leading global specialist in motor control solutions for a Safe, Reliable, Productive and Efficient usage of Energy, through innovation, simplicity and operational excellence.
Embedded software is a basis of Drives offer to reach its target by providing fundamentals of all innovations linked to IIoT initiatives.
Description of work:
The mission is to participate in the development and maintenance of the embedded software in the SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC range of variable speed drives.
The mission will, in collaboration with the software managers of the projects:
- Participate in the definition of new application functions.
- Participate in the evolution of architecture and core components of the software
- Participate in activities related to continuous improvement:
- Code reviews, impact analyses, modify the code according to the coding rules defined and taking into account the constraints of memory sizes and execution times, implement the test scripts for the automatic verification, perform the unit tests
- Collaborate with validation teams
Position based on the embedded software team at Pacy Sur Eure.
Graduate of an engineering school
Experience and expertise in embedded software design (a minimum of 5 years of experience)
Experience and expertise in managing project requirements including embedded and electronic software aspects.
This position requires in-depth knowledge of embedded software on microcontroller and processor (ARM and other architectures), in C, C ++, RTOS (μOSIII, QUADROS), Communication protocols ( I2S, I2C, SPI, USB,CAN), Network protocols (TCP/IP, MODBUS, WIFI), Embedded WEB server.
Some knowledge about Cyber Security and ISO 27000 suite is a plus.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in embedded software is required.
Being able to work and collaborate in a multicultural and multi-site site.
Fluent in English.