About the Job
Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
This position is accountable for performing a variety of engineering work which may be related to applications; electrical/electronics; mechanical; manufacturing; quality; safety, health & environmental; or software. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
A. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
B. Assigns work to engineers, designers and technicians to effectively develop recommendations to resolve problems.
C. Maintains an up-to-date thorough knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal codes and regulations.
D. Conducts feasibility studies, determines manpower and cost estimates and develops engineering criteria.
E. Performs analyses to develop design options or recommendations for structures, systems and components to meet internal & external customer requirements.
F. Leads interaction with other functions and locations to determine optimum product/process solutions.
Additional responsibilities include but not limited to: developing engineering solutions for the custom medium voltage and low voltage switchgear and switchboards; equipment retrofills and replacements; conducting assessments of the condition and ratings of the existing equipment.
This job might be for you if:
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ yrs. relevant experience.
Proven experience in the below areas also desirable:
· Design of low and medium-voltage switchgear assemblies/systems and associated equipment in compliance with IEEE/ANSI, IEC, and NEC/NFPA 70E standards.
· Design and coordination of electrical control and protection schemes for low and medium-voltage switchgear equipment, including interfaces & interconnections for new, existing, retrofill and/or retrofit applications.
· Management of overall project delivery and production/installation schedule, including: initial quotation technical support, customer interaction and correspondence, generation of electrical Bill of Materials (BOMs), production & on-site drawing/instruction packages, factory/on-site Acceptance Test Plans (ATPs), O&M manuals, submittals/deliverables & project close-out, and final job cost analysis
· Leading on-site installation, start-up and commissioning of switchgear line-ups and sub-assemblies for high-demand industrial facilities (data centers, water treatment, production lines, etc.) - as required
· Support of Production & Quality Assurance teams for manufacturing excellence.
· Design & technical support of protective relaying schemes for short circuit, coordination & arc flash studies.
· Support Sales team through site visits and customer job walks
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.