Category Manager - Final Distribution
About the Job
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management and automation. We are dedicated to supplying our customers with safe, reliable and sustainable energy solutions. We invent technologies that will transform the places where we live, work and play.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We're proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration. In 2017 we were ranked as one of the Top 10 places to work in Australia by Randstad, and globally in LinkedIn's top 25 leading companies.
What is the role?
This permanent, full time role is located in contemporary offices in Macquarie Park, Sydney, we are now extending an invitation to category management "gurus" to apply for our Category Manager vacancy in our recently transformed Global Marketing Business.
Electrical manufacturing is undergoing an industry wide disruptive shift, and as a result our offer marketing needs to accurately reflect our diversity in product, and meet competitive demands. As part of the broader operations team, yet closely aligned to global marketing, you will help drive this disruption within our channel, and in turn act as a key facilitator of growth for the Schneider product offering.
You will adapt and deploy pricing strategy, immersing yourself in a specific category within our offer portfolio, all the while working with line of business stakeholders to identify the offers to be sold through the channel.
We need someone who knows how to create, navigate, and lead those around you, bringing your understanding of the competitive landscape, offer gaps, and environmental issues that have a bearing on how our offers are received. Ultimately you will be accountable for the offer growth and profitability.
Utilising your evolved category marketing capability you will:
- Manage the country commitments on the growth actions deployment, and on the business objectives
- Take responsibility for the Sales Inventory & Operations Planning Process
- Saturate the 'Go to market' by using all relevant channels
- Work with the Launch Manager for launch events
- Measure the target achievements;
- Adapt & deploy the pricing strategy:
You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do.
A true offer marketing champion, you will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Category marketing experience within a manufacturing environment or parallel industry
- Demonstrated ability to transform strategic thinking into operational business initiatives that deliver tangible business outcomes;
- Highly developed knowledge of offer marketing principles and methodologies;
- Capability to understand various business cultures;
- Excellent relationship management and influencing skills;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.