Senior Embedded Software Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Design and develop embedded software and web-based GUI programs from requirements to production
- Integrate and validate new product designs
- Provide post production support
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Assess third party and open source software
- Generate test cases from software requirements
- Maintain software development life-cycle Support product connectivity over industrial networks such as Modbus, DNP3, IEC 61850 and etc.
This job might be for you if:
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software design engineering
- MS degree in Computer Science or Electric and Electronic Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
- Solid programming experience in C or C++, XML
- Solid knowledge and experience in SSH, HTTP, FTP and etc.
- Solid programming experience in embedded web server and client design
- 3+ years of experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, industrial communication protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Adequate knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components
- Strong documentation and writing skills Critical thinker and problem-solving skills Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% within the U.S. for customer and sales support
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- MS in Computer Science, Electrical or Electronics Engineering with emphasis in firmware, software and web application development
- 3+ years of experience in embedded software and web GUI development
- 3+ years of experience with real time operation systems such as VxWorks and Linux
- 3+ years of experience with ARM Cortex, X86, PowerPC microprocessors
- Demonstrated experience in designing remote terminal units, gateways, data concentrators, system protection, protective relays and their applications, control logic, settings and industry practices
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.