About the Job
We are currently seeking a professional to join Schneider Electric as Design Engineer
SUMMARY OF JOB
The Design Engineer is an essential member of the project team. He/She will be the leader in all technical aspect of the project and will be responsible for the design and performance of Schneider Electric Gutor uninterrupted power system (UPS) while ensuring that all customer specifications, design guidelines and international standards requirements are strictly met. The Design Engineer will be part of a multicultural and international project team which will consist of Project Manager/Project Engineer and other members from Europe, Asia, North America and South America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design systems according to the customer specifications and GUTOR processes and standards.
• Conduct technical studies and review together with Project Manager/Project Engineer in order to make sure that all client specifications are strictly met.
• Produce required design documents for customer's approval, including schematic drawings, technical datasheets, design calculations and others.
• Responsible for all design related activities to the project, including preparation of bill or material (BOM), production documents, test documents and others.
• Liaise with Project Manager/Project Engineer for on time engineering mile stones according the project schedule
• Preparation of drawings & responsible for correctness of drawings
• Provide inputs for manual preparation & responsible for correctness of manuals
• Handle multiple projects in parallel
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
EDUCATION-MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
• Degree in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or equivalent (Master / Bachelor)
• 2 - 5 years of experience in electrical engineering design within the oil & gas, power or petrochemical section would be an added advantage.
• Fresh graduate are also welcome to apply.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS -REQUIRED:
• Fluent in English (written and oral)
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment, liaising with HQ in Switzerland
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Strong communication skills
• Initiative to acquire knowledge and skill to continuously improve job performance
• Ability to handle several projects in parallel
• Experience with Autocad would be an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS - DESIRED BUT NOT ESSESTIAL:
• Basic experience with uninterrupted power system (UPS) design.
• Team player, multicultural, service oriented, good relationship
• Patience, tolerance and focus while under demanding deadline
• Customer oriented