Gutor Field Service Engineer
About the Job
**Based in Eastern/Northeastern U.S.**
If hired, must be able to travel to Malaysia or Switzerland for mandatory 6 week training.
In direct contact with the customer, the FSE is the connection between customer and after sales service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Field Service Works
· Performs installation supervision and commissioning of Gutor products including the batteries.
· Performs maintenance for Gutor UPS equipment including batteries.
· Solve UPS problems at customers site and provides reports on these issues.
· Responsible for identifying and reporting failure modes encountered when in the field. Also responsible for determining the cause of these failures.
· Trains customers on equipment operation and maintenance of Gutor products.
· Gives technical support to customers (over the phone or on site)
· Fill in all required reports and complete the necessary documents
· 24 hours stand by if necessary
· Complete work in a safe manner.
· Provide help to secure / improve quality by means of IQ soft entries and other tools
· Data storage in Siebel, on personal storage media and date servers
· Delegation and personal handling of parts adjustment
· Self Training on existing and new products of the Gutor Portfolio
· Evaluation of Warranty / Goodwill claims
EDUCATION-MINIMUM REQUIRED LEVEL:
· Electrical technician with min. 2 years experience in field service/ BS degree of Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Min. 2 years of Troubleshooting, Level 1 Support (ideal: level 2 Support) Remote support for troubleshooting experience in handling international customers with high expectations
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS -REQUIRED:
· Good self expression, negotiation skills and ability to explain things in a comprehensive and intelligible way
· Ability to analyze complex problems
· PC knowledge including profound knowledge of typical office applications and networking
· Drivers license
This position is very travel intensive, both domestic and abroad (North America, South America, and Equatorial Guinea).