Application Engineer (ASCO)
About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for an Application Engineer based out of Florham Park, NJ.
The Application Engineer responds to requests for technical, product and sales information, with the objective of converting inquiries into orders and provides sales support for existing and future products and services.
- Handles technical inquiries for product and sales information on transfer switch and communications products.
- Reviews plans and specifications to determine applicable product conformance.
- Assists in order negotiations by analyzing competitor pricing and technical issues.
- Follows up on quotes and provides management reports on quotation activity
- Processes customer orders, including interpretation of application requirements, and coordinates with other departments (Engineering, Credit, Production Planning, Shipping, etc.) to ensure efficient and timely processing of customer orders.
- Prepares various management sales reports as assigned.
- Assists in the resolution of sales order issues such as DSO, billing retention, and problems preventing final invoice payment.
- Expedites and coordinates parts replacements for emergency breakdown situations.
- Participates in training programs, trade shows and sales activities with customers and field sales offices.
- Provides support for Product / Sales Coordinators and the Field Sales Organization concerning technical, marketing, procedural and quotation issues.
- Assists Product Managers on product management activities.
- Maintains spreadsheets and databases for order mgt., quotation activity, competitive pricing and job tracking
- Maintains personal files for orders and quotations
- Handles phone calls
- Mails drawings, sales literature, and manuals, as required.
- Prepares pricing quotations and analyzes spreadsheets
- Files, makes copies, transmits and prints faxes
- Forwards sales and product inquiries to field sales offices
- Some travel may be required to visit customers, consulting engineers or field offices.
- Prepares memos, letters and presentation graphics on P.C.
- Arranges and conducts meetings, as necessary.
- May prepare CAD drawings and submittal booklets for customer orders
- Good communication skills, both verbally and writing are mandatory
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Foreign language is also helpful but not required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Education must include courses on basic electricity, AC and DC circuits, including 3-phase power.
- Previous work experience in the electrical engineering industry is preferred, but not essential.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
L et us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.