Senior Energy Commodity Trading Advisor / Risk Manager
About the Job
In 2017 Schneider Electric was ranked in the Top 10 places to work in Australia and top 25 globally! We offer a flexible work environment enabling you to take control of how you get your work done. We are global specialists in energy management and automation and with innovation, at our core, our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone at every moment.
Schneider Electric's Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) division provides support and leadership to some of the world's best-known commercial and industrial (C&I) organizations on diversifying their portfolios to include renewable energy and emerging energy technologies.
As a global specialist in energy and resource management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments. With rapid growth in our market, we are looking at expanding our team.
Reporting to the Director, Operations - Energy Markets, our Melbourne CBD-based team is seeking a Senior Energy Commodity Trading Advisor/Risk Manager with significant energy market, risk management or analytical experience in the financial, commodity, or a related industry.
The following will be key to your success:
- Developing specific hedging strategies for energy commodities utilizing all available contract or financial instruments for industrial and commercial end-users and small generators/retailers
- Performing various types of analyses to assist clients in determining risk appetite toward managing energy market risk
- Presenting market analysis and strategic recommendations to external clients
- Conducting weekly and monthly market meetings with clients and internal stakeholders
- Training internal stakeholders on fundamentals of risk management methodologies
- Development of risk management products and services
Your motivation levels are high, communication skills exceptional, and your experience within the investment finance landscape (energy industry focus) has you regarded as the subject matter expert/trusted advisor in equal measure.
The drive for solutions and successful customer-oriented outcomes will set you apart, together with your tertiary qualification in either Energy; Business; Finance; Engineering; or a related technical field.
At Schneider Electric, we are open, we value differences, we listen, we learn, connect, and collaborate with others. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration - we're a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how!
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.